2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

well when you could draft 5 linebackers all 5 of them make the roster that;s not true,.

You are suffering from what a lot of people suffer from this time of year that they think whatever player they are high on will ultimately be the ceiling of what you think they are right now. The truth is over 50% of these players won't amount to anything.

Having Slay is well worth 2 mid round picks that may or may not every be something and if you can't see that I can't help you. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

You are suffering from what a lot of people suffer from this time of year that they think whatever player they are high on will ultimately be the ceiling of what you think they are right now. The truth is over 50% of these players won't amount to anything.

Having Slay is well worth 2 mid round picks that may or may not every be something and if you can't see that I can't help you. 

I think you are high on the idea of slay while disregarding the huge question marks that come with adding a player like him. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I think you are high on the idea of slay while disregarding the huge question marks that come with adding a player like him. 

There are way less question marks with him than there is with two mid round picks when we have 8 others. I've watched Slay be a highly productive CB in this league and even his "down year" last year is still better than any CB play the Eagles have had in a decade. The odds and numbers say the chances of getting that out of a 3rd and 5th round rookie are astronomical. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

There are way less question marks with him than there is with two mid round picks when we have 8 others. I've watched Slay be a highly productive CB in this league and even his "down year" last year is still better than any CB play the Eagles have had in a decade. The odds and numbers say the chances of getting that out of a 3rd and 5th round rookie are astronomical. 

Slays bad being better than the eagles bad doesn't make it a good trade. it makes it a really weird one. but hey nickell robery coleman is actually good so that was a nice little addition. 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Slays bad being better than the eagles bad doesn't make it a good trade. it makes it a really weird one. but hey nickell robery coleman is actually good so that was a nice little addition. 

Arguing with you gives me a headache.....lol

My last point on the matter.....

Go watch Slay's snaps from last year. Just watch it. Dude is still a baller at CB.

The end. I can't get sucked into the black hole of ninja logic anymore

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm sure Howie thinks he will get pre last year Slay I just don't know why he would think that. 

Because 1 year out of 7 is an outlier,  not the norm.  Lions fans have said as much. Seemed Slay checked out on Patricia,  add the horrific pass rush that's the results. 

PFF even walked back on their poor grading of Slay last year. NFL game pass is free right now. Do yourself a favor and watch all of Slay's coverage snaps, and then come tell me he had a bad year. I bet your opinion will change drastically. Hate when people make statements without actually checking in on the matter for themselves.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because 1 year out of 7 is an outlier,  not the norm.  Lions fans have said as much. Seemed Slay checked out on Patricia,  add the horrific pass rush that's the results. 

Slay isn't a statistic he's an evolving player. I mean I think it's fair to assume he is closer to what he was last year than closer to what he was before that moving forward. 

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Arguing with you gives me a headache.....lol

My last point on the matter.....

Go watch Slay's snaps from last year. Just watch it. Dude is still a baller at CB.

The end. I can't get sucked into the black hole of ninja logic anymore

we came into the offseason with some serious needs at CB. LB, WR and Safety. We are entering the draft with some serious needs at CB, LB, WR and Safety. But also with 2 less draft picks. 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You also have to consider that we're getting a player in return, essentially we're only losing one draft pick to acquire a player who's ready to contribute right now. We basically gave up a 5th to have a good Corner instead of drafting one in the 3rd who may or may not pan out.

Also, we can more or less get out of the Darius Slay contract no problem after just 2 seasons if we want to.

2022 release
Dead Cap: $6.5M
Cap Savings: $13.25M

Edited by Danger