2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

21 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Not a fan of Courtland Sutton, Kenny Golladay, or Keenan Allen? You'd take Edelman and Robert Woods over those three? I guess if it's off the top of your head you could have done worse, but Robert Woods?

Yea likely take Woods off, throw Allen on. Maybe other 2 but idk

I guess what I am saying is around that point its becomes uncertain and as such, guess those aren't real #1's at all. 

22 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

See I'd say Kelce is the number 1 receiver for the chiefs not hill.

#1 option for them would be a fair statement. I am still a big Hill fan (as a player...) and think he is a #1

45 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Not to diminish anything Malcolm accomplished here and what he provided for us, but is it really that big of an ask for Mills to replicate his responsibilities? Help in run support, occasionally cover a TE or slot WR, blitz, occasionally cover a RB, sniff out screens...idk I just don't feel like any of that stuff requires some specific and elite skill set.

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t think it’s far fetched to think the Eagles can get Jenkins’ job duplicated. Although he was a really, really good while here. But to think Mills will just step in and replace a player like Jenkins is being disrespectful. Is Mills going to be a pro bowl safety? I doubt it. I’m interested to see what he can do but not very optimistic about it. Malcom was a really heady guy. Mills just seems like the opposite. All balls and no brains. 

I think they are covering what he did on the field well. It's all the pre/post snap stuff that is the big lost obviously.
We so far are using 2-3 guys to replicate Malcolm which is the rub on a team trying to hold onto depth>

I think Mills football IQ is higher than being given credit for. Sorry if it's disrespectful, but I think he can do all of the coverage things in a vacuum better than Malcolm at this stage of their careers, given his extensive coverage experience and speed/agility. Run support I feel he is already good at, and will probably add on some mass for that. Now, the pre snap stuff is the only stuff that is up in the air for me. If he can get himself in the right places, I feel physically, he will be better for us in that SS role.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used not just Mills in that spot but Parks and or Epps/McLeod. Towards the end of the year in certain packages I saw Jenkins was a LB, McLeod was covering the slot or in the box based on formation and Epps was the CF. Maybe J. Brown will be the LB in Jenkins place Mills covering the slot and McLeod back to CF.  Now will they be able to successfully do their assignment remains to be seen. 

On Get Up this morning, Mike Greenberg thinks we'll be the #1 seed in the NFC. Says we play in the NFC division with the worst competition in NYG, DAL, and WAS. With all new coaching staffs, and jumbled/bad QBs in shortened off seasons. He also likes what we did in FA and thinks we got better after being champs last year. The other 3 divisions will be blood baths, whereas we should comfortably go 5-1 at the worst. Of course this is all assuming we'll do good against non-division opposition.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

On Get Up this morning, Mike Greenberg thinks we'll be the #1 seed in the NFC. Says we play in the NFC division with the worst competition in NYG, DAL, and WAS. With all new coaching staffs, and jumbled/bad QBs in shortened off seasons. He also likes what we did in FA and thinks we got better after being champs last year. The other 3 divisions will be blood baths, whereas we should comfortably go 5-1 at the worst. Of course this is all assuming we'll do good against non-division opposition.

I saw that.... he pretty much guaranteed it. 

I don't like the media acknowledging us because it seems like thats when everything starts to go wrong. I could see it happening, but staying healthy of course and having a solid draft to still fill the holes we have.

Really want to see what the 49ers will do with #13. When you had/have the best DLine in the NFL, you can afford to lose a Buckner and gain a top 15 pick. Really hoping they blow it lol

Edited by DeJack_10

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

? Referring to the Jags owner?

Nah he’s referring to them locking him away behind the tag & trade.

Im not surprised, because the NFLPA sucks at their job, but it really should’ve been abolished.

Comp pick system is there for teams to recoup value. If you want more, trade within the contract.

It holds players at gunpoint to stay and can crater their earning potential.

Like if Yannick hit the market he’d make $3million more per at least, better sweeteners and guarantees.

If they want to keep it. The Tag should be limited to a 1 time thing, fully guaranteed salary which is based off of the top 3 at their position (and fix the labeling loopholes). You can’t trade them. You can try to negotiate a new deal during it though. Which is a little more fair if the teams don’t have the 2nd tag to hold over the negotiations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Nah he’s referring to them locking him away behind the tag & trade.

Im not surprised l, because the NFLPA sucks at their job, but it really should’ve been abolished.

Comp pick system is there for teams to recoup value. If you want more trade within the contract.

It holds players at gunpoint to stay and can crater their earning potential.

Like if Yannick hit the market he’d make $3million more per at least, better sweeteners and guarantees.

They should do round 2 comp picks for people that sign for 15+, round 3 for 10-14.9M, etc