2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

59 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

When has any great/good team needed two stud TEs? Patriots for one year? It’s not something you build around. Howie took bpa in Goedert thinking about value. Now is the time to cash in the value. Ertz turned down a big contract extension. We’re not giving them both new contracts. One has to go in the next year or two. Might as well bank on the younger if you have a choice. Let Carson groom some weapons. Scared money don’t make money. 

tight end was like our biggest need that offseason because we liked to use two tight end sets. I don't understand the revisionist history. 

10 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

If were keeping Desean and Alshon, how much PT is this rookie receiver really getting? Trading Ertz for a receiver that wont dominate snap percentage (or could bust) does not make sense. If anything explore trading Goedert

If the Eagles draft a WR to play both slot and outside he will get plenty of snaps.  Jeffery will not play at all until mid season (if ever again for the Eagles), Agholor is thankfully gone, and Desean Jackson is not playing 75 snaps per game anymore.

I suspect JJAW will get lots of playing time in the Jeffery spot and sink or swim.  The drafted WR(s) will take over Agholor’s spot, along with Ward

47 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Loved that match

It was the best Taker has looked in probably 5 years. Only thing I would have done different is have Taker chokeslam Gallows off the side of the building instead of just kind of shoving him off, but that's a minor nitpick.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

It was the best Taker has looked in probably 5 years. Only thing I would have done different is have Taker chokeslam Gallows off the side of the building instead of just kind of shoving him off, but that's a minor nitpick.

I agree with the whiff on the chokeslam off the roof. Hopefully the fun house match is cool like the Boneyard. I'm doubting it with no sell Cena but hoping to be surprised

So obviously Your guys opinion of Dallas Goedert far exceeds mine at this stage of his career because I'm not convinced YET he can replace Ertz outright being the only Viable TE on the entire roster.

If this is about getting value while the Iron is hot, why aren't you guys screaming from roof tops about Trading Lane or Cox? I swear to God if any of you to fit your agenda suggest We should trade them too, need to be Shot!

You dont trade 1 of the 5 Best players on your Team in his Prime, you build around them. This isn't OBJ with Character issues asking for 100M. This isn't Mack because Gruden didn't want to break the Bank and getting Rediculous compensation back in return . Isn't Coughlin because he saw the writing on the wall with Ramsey not only wanting out of Jacksonville but to be the first $25M CB. Yes that demand is coming for the Rams, GL! Gurley with a gimp knee and horrific contract. Please dont bring up Hopkins again because that would suggest B.O.B. is somehow a competent GM which we all know is False!!!

Why you guys obsess over the Cap when We have arguably the best Cap Guru in the NFL is beyond me. Howie has proven year in year out to manipulate the numbers to circumvent the Cap. For 3 years straight (including SB 2017) everyone has panicked going into FA about not having money to get players , we are against the cap ect., yet he always does. Let the Expert do his thing when it comes to contracts and players. You all concentrate on the Draft and the 85% of the players Howie is to Stupid to take! 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So obviously Your guys opinion of Dallas Goedert far exceeds mine at this stage of his career because I'm not convinced YET he can replace Ertz outright being the only Viable TE on the entire roster.

If this is about getting value while the Iron is hot, why aren't you guys screaming from roof tops about Trading Lane or Cox? I swear to God if any of you to fit your agenda suggest We should trade them too, need to be Shot!

You dont trade 1 of the 5 Best players on your Team in his Prime, you build around them. This isn't OBJ with Character issues asking for 100M. This isn't Mack because Gruden didn't want to break the Bank and getting Rediculous compensation back in return . Isn't Coughlin because he saw the writing on the wall with Ramsey not only wanting out of Jacksonville but to be the first $25M CB. Yes that demand is coming for the Rams, GL! Gurley with a gimp knee and horrific contract. Please dont bring up Hopkins again because that would suggest B.O.B. is somehow a competent GM which we all know is False!!!

Why you guys obsess over the Cap when We have arguably the best Cap Guru in the NFL is beyond me. Howie has proven year in year out to manipulate the numbers to circumvent the Cap. For 3 years straight (including SB 2017) everyone has panicked going into FA about not having money to get players , we are against the cap ect., yet he always does. Let the Expert do his thing when it comes to contracts and players. You all concentrate on the Draft and the 85% of the players Howie is to Stupid to take! 🍺

Lane or Cox dont have a backup as talented as Goedert waiting in the wings. Ertz turned down a pretty big extension. He’s going to cash in. So, do you pay both? I don’t think you can. And if you like Ertz that much and want to give him a big extension, that’s fine by me too. But you can’t resign Dallas to the contract he’s going to want/deserve. Burton got 4 years/33M with half the talent as Dallas. You can’t afford both. Having two TEs that good was a luxury we could afford. We can’t anymore. The team is devoid of talent, young talent, at major positions. Trading a TE would just be a vehicle to get an influx of some of it where it’s needed most. Not for nothing but it’s been discussed over the past 10 pages or so. 

• Like 1