2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Carlos Hyde is about as dependable as Corey Clement, and Houston could use a RB even more than us, which tells you something, along with the fact he'd be on his 5th team in 5 years. I hope the asking price is too high because i feel like his wheels are falling off this season. 

I don’t know why you’d say any of that. 

He’s not a world beater but he’ll be used in a spell/backup role. 10-12 carries a game. Is a willing receiver albeit not dynamic there. But can be a receiving target in the passing game. He was fine in SF, had a bad year with CLE/JAX but who doesn’t? And had a good year in HOU last year. His best arguably. I don’t see how his wheels are falling off. Yes, he’ll be 30 this year but has never had more than 250 carries or 300 touches in any year. He’s good as the big/backup role. 

• Like 1

Im ok with Hyde. He serves a specific short yardage, change of pace role. Hopefully Miles is more of a bellcow, Scott is the Sproles and then Hyde or someone of that ilk just gives you the extra beef and change up you need. I really like Clement though. But he doesn't really fit that role. In an ideal world, Clement would step up in a way that would make Hyde unnecessary. 

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Killins has 4.3 speed, but he makes Donnell Pumphrey look obese.

I'm not looking at more than 4-5 snaps a game

EDIT: There has been plenty of years we held 4 RBs on the opening day roster. return duties or ST guys, that's how Clement got his start ST

Edited by nlesthought

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Jason Peters believes he can play into his 40s

JP.... just let it go man. You don't have to prove anything to anyone anymore dude. Just retire to some private resort or something. Or find your next chapter in life.

I mean he was not that bad last year. We drafted Dilliard and it is time to move on. But with some of the LT's who start in this league, I think he is still starting caliber 

Peter's also realizes 5-10M for another 3-4 yrs can go a long ways towards retirement. 

Can he still play and would he easily be the 3rd best OT on our roster, Yes. He just can't except his days as our starter moving forward baring injury is over. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 5/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, nlesthought said:

I'm not looking at more than 4-5 snaps a game

EDIT: There has been plenty of years we held 4 RBs on the opening day roster. return duties or ST guys, that's how Clement got his start ST

John Hightower should return kick offs this year I don't know who will return punts. Maybe Reagor?

"Other than 1990 fifth-round selection Calvin Williams and 2010 fifth-round pick Riley Cooper, you have to go back to Hall of Famer Harold Carmichael, a seventh-round pick in 1971, to find an Eagles' late-round receiver that's made any sort of impact in an Eagles uniform." - Reuben Frank's rationale as to why John Hightower and Quez Watkins are long shots to have successful careers. I have no idea how this guy has a job in sports writing.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

"Other than 1990 fifth-round selection Calvin Williams and 2010 fifth-round pick Riley Cooper, you have to go back to Hall of Famer Harold Carmichael, a seventh-round pick in 1971, to find an Eagles' late-round receiver that's made any sort of impact in an Eagles uniform." - Reuben Frank's rationale as to why John Hightower and Quez Watkins are long shots to have successful careers. I have no idea how this guy has a job in sports writing.

I mean. He's not wrong....