2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think if the price is reasonable, we sign Cam. There’s clearly not a starting market for him. Play the wait and see game like with Bradford. And worse comes to worse, he’s a good backup and will get some comp next year. 

why would people want to sign him next year if they dont this year?

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I think if the price is reasonable, we sign Cam. There’s clearly not a starting market for him. Play the wait and see game like with Bradford. And worse comes to worse, he’s a good backup and will get some comp next year. 

Sorry but there is Zero chance baring major injury Cam would become a Eagle. I wouldn't want him anyways. His me first personality is the complete opposite of what we need in the QB room/for this team. I've watch him for years living in NC press conference after PC blame everyone but himself when things went wrong. Hell No!

Hurts is essentially a young Cam. Maybe not the experienced Vet Newton is now so in no way better as a Rookie but he seems to do many of the same things a young Cam did. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Hard pass

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but there is Zero chance baring major injury Cam would become a Eagle. I wouldn't want him anyways. His me first personality is the complete opposite of what we need in the QB room/for this team. I've watch him for years living in NC press conference after PC blame everyone but himself when things went wrong. Hell No!

Hurts is essentially a young Cam. Maybe not the experienced Vet Newton is now so in no way better as a Rookie but he seems to do many of the same things a young Cam did. 

If Mike Vick did....

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Hard pass

This is strictly business. I couldn’t care less if he ever suits up for us. Just as long as we have his rights under contract, we could make some capital off him. 

But let’s be real here, Carson goes down, Cam can man the ship into the playoffs. He’s a former MVP. With proper play calling, he’s a dangerous QB. We could and have wayyy worse. Like I said, if he’s resigned to a backup role to stay in the league, which he def is doing eventually, why not here? With Wentz’ injury record, he’s got a good chance of getting in a few games. Hell, have him Foles himself into some playoff success and we have a real asset. Nothing wrong with bringing him in if he has the right mindset. 

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If Mike Vick did....

Did what? Very little in common with the two. Polar opposite scenario's TBH.

Cam is a Joke! Theres a Reason a Rookie HC would rather go with Teddy friggen Bridgewater then eal with the Prima Donna BS if a Cam Newton. He's got the accuracy of a 2 yr old. If Newton is unable to bull doze his way up and down the field what makes you think he can properly play QB in this Offense?

Not only a hard pass, but a Howie can go to hell in a hand basket if Cam is signed without a season ending injury to Wentz.

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Did what? Very little in common with the two. Polar opposite scenario's TBH.

Cam is a Joke! Theres a Reason a Rookie HC would rather go with Teddy friggen Bridgewater then eal with the Prima Donna BS if a Cam Newton. He's got the accuracy of a 2 yr old. If Newton is unable to bull doze his way up and down the field what makes you think he can properly play QB in this Offense?

Not only a hard pass, but a Howie can go to hell in a hand basket if Cam is signed without a season ending injury to Wentz.

No one thought Vick would be an Eagle, just sayin. I’m not comparing their situation exactly. Just the unlikeliness of the outcome. 

But he’ll end up somewhere. And most likely at this point, in a backup situation. Why not go to to stable organization with recent success, known for good culture, in a role where the starter is oft injured? Makes sense to me. If his mind is right, why not? 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

No one thought Vick would be an Eagle, just sayin. I’m not comparing their situation exactly. Just the unlikeliness of the outcome. 

But he’ll end up somewhere. And most likely at this point, in a backup situation. Why not go to to stable organization with recent success, known for good culture, in a role where the starter is oft injured? Makes sense to me. If his mind is right, why not? 

I'm saying from an Organizationsl standpoint, Cam is the last QB you'd want in this locker room. He's the complete opposite of a Nick Foles type player. Unselfish,  willing to help, fit in and play his role. You honestly think Cam would try to help Hurts in that QB room? I don't. 

I've unfortunately been forced to watch more Cam then I've wanted living in NC. He's as selfish as they come. Takes no responsibility,  even when it's clear as day his fault.  He attempted to try saying the right things you'd expect from your FQB the past 2 years but but still came across as fake as hell to me. He's the ultimate We win it's me, We lose lose its You!

No thanks!

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm saying from an Organizationsl standpoint, Cam is the last QB you'd want in this locker room. He's the complete opposite of a Nick Foles type player. Unselfish,  willing to help, fit in and play his role. You honestly think Cam would try to help Hurts in that QB room? I don't. 

I've unfortunately been forced to watch more Cam then I've wanted living in NC. He's as selfish as they come. Takes no responsibility,  even when it's clear as day his fault.  He attempted to try saying the right things you'd expect from your FQB the past 2 years but but still came across as fake as hell to me. He's the ultimate We win it's me, We lose lose its You!

No thanks!

He def comes off like that from the national perspective, no doubt. Maybe this humbles him a bit and is willing to swallow some pride to get back to starting for a team in 2021.  

• 2 weeks later...

What are your guys thoughts on Grayland Arnold making the team? I watched every single snap of his career at Baylor and can tell you he is a plus playmaker in the secondary. Started at corner but Rhule moved him to safety where he shined.

Does he have a pretty long shot at making the 55?