2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

The thing that disappoints me the most about missing out on Byron Jones is that we HAD to get a good FA CB, the team is that bad in that area. Sure we might go hard for a CB in the draft but the rookie will still get torched his fair amount this season and given our history with drafting and developing the results are not encouraging at all. 

There´s an awful unbalance of resources/cap invested on the DL compared to the rest of the team and I get that the trenches are important but I´ve said it countless times. Expecting your front four to win every single week and bail the scrubs you line on the rest of the defense is not sustainable. Given Schwartz history I expect him to still load the box (even with these four DT) and put the secondary in disadvantage on a regular basis.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Raiders taking all the LB’s

Was hoping we signed him this offseason, but cant say I'm surprised as we neglect the LB position.

Bradham gone, and KGH likely gone. Gerry/Edwards/Riley.... makes me want to vomit. Watch us still not draft a LB in the first 3 rounds and end up with a Tulloch/Zach Brown-esque signing.

Edited by DeJack_10

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Is Floyd a good option for us?

Hm I could see them liking him, we don't have a more speedy edge guy.
Issue is his weight, but maybe they would play him as a rush olb or just LB sometimes.
Within our system it would kinda work

I think Dallas will try and sign him, they are switching to a 3-4. i think