2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's 32 now and asking for a raise. While it's good emotionally these are the kind of decisions that put you in bad situations down the line. Sometimes you have to make that hard choice.

I think they will give him a short extension, tack on another year and give him guarantees. Gives us two seasons to draft and develop a replacement.

Totally with you on youth movement. But we need some guys to help guide that movement.

4 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I’d honestly throw a pick in with him to ensure that another team takes his contract lol. The dude is toxic and doesn’t vibe with Wentz for whatever reason 

I see how he didn't have any words of support after the Seattle loss or when Carson went down with a concussion.. After each win this past month, he's always been active but disappears when they lose. 

Edited by eagles18

I can see eagles giving Jenkins 3 year 42 mill contract with 22 mill guaranteed. Lowers cap hit this year and he’s still a great player. It’s amazing how were so good at covering tight ends and he’s the main reason why. I always thought he butted heads with Wentz but he said he loved him last night after the game. 

Rodney McLeod, Cam Johnston, Hassan Ridgeway are musts. I would love to move someone like Rasul or Jalen to safety next year and wouldn’t be opposed to bringing Jalen back at the right price. 

I want to keep Corey Clement and Jordan Howard; the later said he wants to stay in philly. If we can wiggle their contacts to keep both is be fine with the lineup of Howard, clement, Scott and sanders. Unfortunately I think Jordan Howard won’t fit in our scheme. We aren’t a power running offense. 

I wouldn’t mind if they brought back Kamu, Curry if there is no better option for depth and Vaitai if we can get him at a good price. Big V will def get starting money elsewhere I’m afraid. 

additionally, Malcolm should be one of our bigger goals. Keep him for two more years and find a replacement to learn from him. 

Edited by oland11

Malcom is still a great leader, great in run support, but his coverage in space is lacking, no? His speed, unsurprisingly given age, leaves  a lot to be desired and that probably somewhat limits what Schwartz can do. It’s a tough call, he’s definitely still a plus player... but he’ll only get worse, and he’s going to be demanding top tiet safety money despite not being one. Think we should move on, although I won’t be angry if we keep him.

Peters is still a very good LT quite frankly. If he wants to keep playing, then I’m all for keeping him around. The only downside is potentially stunting Dillard’s growth, but realistically Peters will miss 20+% of snaps so Dillard is certain to get a handful of quality reps.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

Jenkins needs to be cut lose. Paying top dollar for a old safety whose play is already on the decline is a bad idea. We have other people who can be leaders in the locker room and fill that roll. 

Peters is still a good player, but he is just hurt all the time and the mistakes are adding up for him. I am more open to keeping him around, but man is it hard to argue for these guys that are always on the injury report. The dude really should just retire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Jenkins needs to be cut lose. Paying top dollar for a old safety whose play is already on the decline is a bad idea. We have other people who can be leaders in the locker room and fill that roll. 

Peters is still a good player, but he is just hurt all the time and the mistakes are adding up for him. I am more open to keeping him around, but man is it hard to argue for these guys that are always on the injury report. The dude really should just retire.

More than anything else. Keeping him around any longer (and having him play LT) inhibits the ability for us to properly develop Dillard.

I’m truly shocked how many people want to just toss Jenkins aside. The dude plays like 4 positions, is rarely hurt, and has steadied that back end through countless changes. Now we need to replace the top two CB’s again and McLeod is a FA. He is one of the best safeties in the game still, man I’d be hard pressed to get rid of him. I think they can workout a deal. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m truly shocked how many people want to just toss Jenkins aside. The dude plays like 4 positions, is rarely hurt, and has steadied that back end through countless changes. Now we need to replace the top two CB’s again and McLeod is a FA. He is one of the best safeties in the game still, man I’d be hard pressed to get rid of him. I think they can workout a deal. 

I know you're old Pete, but lets stop thinking short term. I'm not giving Malcolm any notable money beyond 2021.