2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What are your guys thoughts on Grayland Arnold making the team? I watched every single snap of his career at Baylor and can tell you he is a plus playmaker in the secondary. Started at corner but Rhule moved him to safety where he shined.

Does he have a pretty long shot at making the 55?

Will be an uphill battle, we have a lot of depth guys throughout the DBs.

However the staff is kinda going for the "throw it against the wall approach"
So if he really steps up he has a chance to stick. They aren't committed to anyone aside from Slay and Maddox past this year really.
The rookie K'von Wallace probably has the 3rd safest chances of being here beyond the next two years.

If Grayland can play outside in Jim's scheme he'll get a big chance at staying, if he has to go inside up here too...it'll be murkier.

I love how these players actually think they have the power to force a trade. What's even more laughable are those who think a "specific" landing spot will be there for the taking because,  that's where "I" want to go.

Joe isn't trading Adams unless he gets a Kings Ransom. He'll let him sit, lose money on a weekly basis before ever cowering to a players demand. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Adams is a great player.

I know the loss of Jenkins leadership and football iq will be missed.

But, for the asking price from the Jets and Adams on the next contract. I just don't really see this making a lot of sense.

We are a team that is gonna have to cut quite a few guys to get under the cap next year, especially if we have to ink him to a huge contract right after.

If this was the Eagles with Wentz on his 2nd or 3rd year of his cheap rookie contract, then maybe this would be an easier decision and I'd be with you guys.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Adams is a great player.

I know the loss of Jenkins leadership and football iq will be missed.

But, for the asking price from the Jets and Adams on the next contract. I just don't really see this making a lot of sense.

We are a team that is gonna have to cut quite a few guys to get under the cap next year, especially if we have to ink him to a huge contract right after.

If this was the Eagles with Wentz on his 2nd or 3rd year of his cheap rookie contract, then maybe this would be an easier decision and I'd be with you guys.

The thing is that according to reports, he is not even asking for a new contract this year. He just wants out, and will play out his contract if traded. 

So we can trade for him and make a push this year, and figure out his contract situation next off-season.