2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

5 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

The thing is that according to reports, he is not even asking for a new contract this year. He just wants out, and will play out his contract if traded. 

So we can trade for him and make a push this year, and figure out his contract situation next off-season. 

That's still not great considering the money he wants.

I want to push for a Super Bowl like everyone else, but I don't feel now is the time for giving up significant assets and paying a really high price tag even if its next offseason.

Don't think Roseman will either.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We are gonna have to move on from Ertz after this contract anyways.

I feel like we'll be dumb and extend him though.

Agreed, even though it makes perfect sense to trade him for good value and let Goedert (who I think will be better) take over. 

• Like 1

I get getting value while you can.

But Ertz and a pick + a market setting deal for Adams or Yannick....I just don't see it.

He's been our one constant for years, as far as helping Carson and having weapons for him. Moving Ertz totally negates what we did this offseason.
I really like Goedert, but I think we kinda overrate exactly where he's at. He has a lot of room to get better. I agree his ceiling is higher obviously.

Yanny makes sense. He's young, quick and at a premium spot. and We will need a Pass Rusher soon.
DB seems to have plateaued like everyone thought he would predraft.

Does Adams really move the needle all that much?
He's a great player but is it worth cratering the offense this year, losing a top pick next year and having to cut people next year for a safety?
I wouldn't be so sure.

Obviously if Howie worked some vintage magic on what we give up I'd love to have them. But trading Ertz + a top pick...I'd pass.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He's been our one constant for years, as far as helping Carson and having weapons for him. Moving Ertz totally negates what we did this offseason.
I really like Goedert, but I think we kinda overrate exactly where he's at. He has a lot of room to get better. I agree his ceiling is higher obviously

Pretty much spot on.🥃