2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The Jets also suck why would they trade for a tight end?

Cause the suck from the ground up and don’t make great decisions.

Honestly I’m shocked they haven’t paid Adams 20+ mil already.

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Jamal based on the market is worth 15M per.

If he wants more, I'm out.

Safety is worth more than Cornerback to us.

safety isnt worth more than corner to us it's just more cost effective to spend at safety than it is corner.

But not if said safety wants 15 million a year.

Edited by ninjapirate

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Also we all here think goedert could be better than ertz with more touches. You think the guy who drafted him wouldn't rather have him over a 29 year old zach ertz?

I mean come on fam think for once. 

I'm fine with walking away from the deal if he insists on having Goedert. The only way I deal Goedert is straight up for Jamal Adams, maybe a late round pick added in like 6th.

Corners are going to have a hard time playing for Jim Schwartz no matter who it is. The real impact player in Jim's (albeit flawed) system is the safety.

17 hours ago, ninjapirate said:
18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Negotiation 101. Ask for 20, Top Safety is 15, settle on 16/17. 

Thats the market for FSs though. 

Market for highest paid is 15, If he asked for 20 (doubt it like Dak asked for 40) and they meet in the middle it gives the appearance that both parties conceded something.

Wasn't Adams strongly linked to the Cowboys since he's from Dallas? I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles made his "list" just to scare Jerry into pulling the trigger. (Well, that and for clicks.)

I truly don't see this happening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eagles26 said:

Wasn't Adams strongly linked to the Cowboys since he's from Dallas? I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles made his "list" just to scare Jerry into pulling the trigger. (Well, that and for clicks.)

I truly don't see this happening.

Eagles made his list because his "list" consists of potential Playoff contenders. What Joe should do is give Jamal an alternative list that includes

Bengals, Lions, Dolphins, Bills, Browns, Raiders and say....Keep running your mouth, you'll end up here!🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Eagles made his list because his "list" consists of potential Playoff contenders. What Joe should do is give Jamal an alternative list that includes

Bengals, Lions, Dolphins, Bills, Browns, Raiders and say....Keep running your mouth, you'll end up here!🥃

That's not how it works lol.

9 hours ago, Danger said:

That's not how it works lol.

It's about as likely to occur then Jamal Adams dictating where he wants to go or else! If the Jets FO wants to send him to Purgatory because that team is offering the best overall package. You best your ***, it's at Joe's discretion 

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 6/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, Nabbs4u said:

It's about as likely to occur then Jamal Adams dictating where he wants to go or else! If the Jets FO wants to send him to Purgatory because that team is offering the best overall package. You best your ***, it's at Joe's discretion 

Yeah, no.

No team is trading any assets for a player who has a list of places he wants to go. That's some of the dumbest **** I've read on here. He'd do the same crap in Cincy or Miami that he's doing now, so why would they trade for him?

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Yeah, no.

No team is trading any assets for a player who has a list of places he wants to go. That's some of the dumbest **** I've read on here. He'd do the same crap in Cincy or Miami that he's doing now, so why would they trade for him?

And no GM worth his Salt will ever trade a player to 1 of the 7 teams he demands to be traded to because he's giving your Organization the 🖕🖕.

He's going nowhere unless the compensation JD has set is met plain and simple. Jamal can sit, spin or retire a Jet with no pay for all that matters before Douglas does that. Pretend otherwise all you want.