2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

And no GM worth his Salt will ever trade a player to 1 of the 7 teams he demands to be traded to because he's giving your Organization the 🖕🖕.

He's going nowhere unless the compensation JD has set is met plain and simple. Jamal can sit, spin or retire a Jet with no pay for all that matters before Douglas does that. Pretend otherwise all you want.

Malcontents get traded all the time. It’s not new. And usually, if said malcontent has no interest in signing with the team he’s being traded to, why would that team give up assets full well knowing he’s just a rental? I’m not giving up draft stock so Adams can just leave or hold out in a few months. That’s why there’s usually deals in place before the player gets traded. Eventually, you just have to trade or release the guy. Even in Bell’s case, they just waited a year. What is a player worth to you who won’t play? TO had a list, Clowney had a list, Adams has a list. Happens more than you realize. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

What is a player worth to you who won’t play? TO had a list, Clowney had a list, Adams has a list. Happens more than you realize

Can you name me the last player traded 2 years into his career with 3 years remaining on his rookie contract that Demanded a trade? I cant think of one. So no, it doesn't happen with players this early in their contract.

The Jets are in no obligation to adhere to anything Adam's wants unless it pertains to being a NYJ. Let Jamal who's not a decade into his career like Trent Williams was, hasn't made damn near 100M sit out, not collect checks, look into his teammates eyes, explain why I'm not playing, and waste the next 3 years of his career being a GD whinny *** baby.

If the Jets cave to his wishes, when does it stop? Next year if Joe Burrow demands to be traded after 1 season with the Bengals? Trevor Lawrence when he decides to pull an Eli at the draft?

What TO (8), Earl,(9) Trent(9) and any Veteran player with some semblance of tenure with a team has done in the past has absolutely nothing to do with the Pandora's box the Jags just opened with Jalen Ramsey(3). 

As the Godfather Gil Brandt said yesterday on Sirius NFL radio when asked what he'd do. Joe's not stupid. Like Joe will probably do, I would tell Jamal and his Agent, if you want to RETIRE early that's up to you but if you're ready to be a Jet the next 3 years, we would love to have you and work on getting an extension done. Let us know.

Now if a team (Hopefully not the Eagles) wants to pay a Kings Ransom in picks as well as the absurd contract demands he is asking. Then yes make the trade. Otherwise sit tight, call his bluff because hes not sitting out an entire season. Let alone 3.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can you name me the last player traded 2 years into his career with 3 years remaining on his rookie contract that Demanded a trade? I cant think of one. So no, it doesn't happen with players this early in their contract.

The Jets are in no obligation to adhere to anything Adam's wants unless it pertains to being a NYJ. Let Jamal who's not a decade into his career like Trent Williams was, hasn't made damn near 100M sit out, not collect checks, look into his teammates eyes, explain why I'm not playing, and waste the next 3 years of his career being a GD whinny *** baby.

If the Jets cave to his wishes, when does it stop? Next year if Joe Burrow demands to be traded after 1 season with the Bengals? Trevor Lawrence when he decides to pull an Eli at the draft?

What TO (8), Earl,(9) Trent(9) and any Veteran player with some semblance of tenure with a team has done in the past has absolutely nothing to do with the Pandora's box the Jags just opened with Jalen Ramsey(3). 

As the Godfather Gil Brandt said yesterday on Sirius NFL radio when asked what he'd do. Joe's not stupid. Like Joe will probably do, I would tell Jamal and his Agent, if you want to RETIRE early that's up to you but if you're ready to be a Jet the next 3 years, we would love to have you and work on getting an extension done. Let us know.

Now if a team (Hopefully not the Eagles) wants to pay a Kings Ransom in picks as well as the absurd contract demands he is asking. Then yes make the trade. Otherwise sit tight, call his bluff because hes not sitting out an entire season. Let alone 3.

Mack, Bettis, Faulk, Cutler, Palmer, Moss all demanded trades while young or in their prime and it was granted for one reason or another. 

Adams doesn’t owe squat to anyone but himself. Players know that it’s important to take care of themselves and money isn’t really an issue worth talking about when it concerns another man. If Jamal wants a contract and the Jets won’t give it to him then by all means should he request to find a team that will. 

The Jets can play hard ball. They obviously have that right. He’s their property if he wants to play football. But it makes no sense banging your head against the wall when a guy decides he isn’t going to play with that team anymore. If and when it comes to it, like Williams and Ramsey and everyone else I listed, the more level headed thing to do, if you’re not giving the player the contract he wants, is trade him to a willing team. Adams has put out a list of teams that he’d sign a new contract with. If you think the Jets can negotiate with another team and expect top compensation you’re fooling yourself. No team off that list is giving Joe a first when they know Adams won’t either play or re-up with them. Why would they? It would be a waste of resources to just watch a guy walk out after trading for him. So, Adams is absolutely going to get what he wants, whether you think it’s right or not. He’s going to get a fat contract from the Jets or he’s going to be traded to one of those teams on that list and get a fat contract. Or maybe a team off that list inquires and works out a deal and maybe Adams will agree. But the Jets won’t trade him there unless there’s a prior agreement from Adams. 

You asked me for examples of younger guys who demanded a trade and got it. I’m asking you to give me examples of players that held out and ended up retiring instead of that team trading them. Talk about something that never happens. Those guys always get contracts or get traded. It’s just how it works. 

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Best case is week 1 at the beginning of october I think. 

They should just push it now and start making plans.

Should just make it a 12 game season, only play division rivals once, but owners gonna owner.

Edited by Jeezla

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:
18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don't see the season starting on time tbh

Best case is week 1 at the beginning of october I think. 

They should just push it now and start making plans.

We're going to have even more cases as the Fall and Winter months arrive. It doesn't really matter when we start Oct-Dec will be the deciding months as to whether this season is completed in its entirety or not. Which I doubt.

28 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s just like every other bumpkin that goes to a big city for the first time. “I was scared”. lol, good stay scared. 

I'm a life long suburban guy, I'd probably be scared if I was alone, at night, in a really shady area in Philly, but c'mon son.