2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I doubt we'll see much of Watkins this year unless its special teams tbh.

I thought he might not make the roster of be the last guy to make it before this Goodwin news.

Both will make the roster (Quez and Hightower). Deep down, they know they screwed up royally taking JJ and he will be off the roster after this season.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Prb help with the rehab being lighter but he’s gonna need to put some lbs on to play guard. But yes, a freak he is. Not surprising to see OL/DL do extracurricular training in grappling, hand exercise and footwork sports. Hell, I remember Reggie White did some ballet or something similar to help with foot balance. Any extra advantage I guess. Balance and weight distribution and knowing how to use that against players, especially gigantic ones, is a trained and useful skill. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Prb help with the rehab being lighter but he’s gonna need to put some lbs on to play guard. But yes, a freak he is. Not surprising to see OL/DL do extracurricular training in grappling, hand exercise and footwork sports. Hell, I remember Reggie White did some ballet or something similar to help with foot balance. Any extra advantage I guess. Balance and weight distribution and knowing how to use that against players, especially gigantic ones, is a trained and useful skill. 

I mean he was still pretty cut up when he went down with the achilles ealier this offseason too.

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

what a freak of nature.............. just stay healthy next year Brandon 

That is insane. Some of these linemen go through a struggle we will never have the fortune of knowing. With how quickly Brooks got shredded, he must be on a very regimented in season diet just to make sure he is staying chunky. I know he's not fat in season, but certainly not close to that pic... Lane is an even bigger freak, pretty sure he still has abs in season when he's 300+. That's unreal, juiced or not.

Glad to see he is in good spirits and grinding hard. I am confident we can get at least another season of all-pro Brooks. 

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That is insane. Some of these linemen go through a struggle we will never have the fortune of knowing. With how quickly Brooks got shredded, he must be on a very regimented in season diet just to make sure he is staying chunky. I know he's not fat in season, but certainly not close to that pic... Lane is an even bigger freak, pretty sure he still has abs in season when he's 300+. That's unreal, juiced or not.

Glad to see he is in good spirits and grinding hard. I am confident we can get at least another season of all-pro Brooks. 

Remember Brooks hasn't always looked as fit he has last year and into this offseason. He's definitely changed his body since coming from Houston to Philly. I think becoming good friends with Lane helped push him in that direction. Got him carrying his weight much better last year and into this offseason. Such a shame he had that freak injury. He would've been a force this year after killing it last year.

Also, I think people forget how crazy athletic he was coming out of college, especially for his size like..... 346 lbs.... his vert, shuttle and 3 cone are basically identical to Lane's while being almost 50 lbs heavier (43 lbs to be exact).

Peters... Johnson... Kelce... Brooks

All of them are absolutely freaky athletes.

As bad as we've been with the LBs and secondary. We've been blessed in the trenches.

Seumalo deserved more love for what he showed last year lol, but when you are the worst of such a great group you don't get that appreciation. Honestly if he builds on what he showed last year he may be one of the best value contracts we have that isn't a rookie deal.