2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You know it's a Sad time when every scrub has beens are being considered "an upgrade" over what we got. We're so desperate for decent CB play, anything will do these days.

This...

EDIT: I'm sure a bunch of people here thought Patrick Robinson was going to be a bad acquisition as well. 

Edited by nlesthought

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Byron Jones CB 
Darqueze Dennard Slot CB
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix  FS 
Karl Joseph SS 
Nick Kwiatkoski MLB 
Andrew Billings DT
Emmanuel Ogbah DE

Sign them. Sign them ALL!!!

This would be realistic if their wasn't a salary cap.....or 31 other teams.....

• Like 2

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28878759/two-nfl-teams-propose-adding-sky-judge-officiating-crews

Owners are scheduled to gather in Palm Beach, Florida, starting March 29 for their annual meeting. Other notable team-based rule change proposals, all from the Philadelphia Eagles, include:

• Establishing an alternative to the onside kick. After a score, the trailing team would have one play to gain 15 yards from its own 25-yard line. If it succeeds, the trailing team would maintain possession. Owners voted down a similar proposal last year, and Murphy said last month that he thought it was "gimmicky," but the league did test it in the 2019 Pro Bowl.

• Restore overtime to 15 minutes. The NFL moved it back to 10 minutes in 2017.

• Make changes to the new blindside block rule that would prevent unnecessary fouls.

Kist recently wrote a good article supporting bringing Kirksey in. I'm on board. He's a very solid LB who can run sideline to sideline, and fight through trash as well. Can take on and disengage from blocks. Obviously the biggest question with him is health. What I am encouraged by, in regards to his injuries, is that they're unrelated. One was a hamstring strain and the other was a torn pec.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

17 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Kirksey also wouldn't count against comp picks

The likelihood of us getting comp picks next year is slim to none. Assuming we sign Byron, and Perriman and we only lose guys like Mills, Vaitai, McLeod.

9 hours ago, Danger said:

The likelihood of us getting comp picks next year is slim to none. Assuming we sign Byron, and Perriman and we only lose guys like Mills, Vaitai, McLeod.

we actually have a lot of free agents I think we will get a 6th or 7th next year