2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

6 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Whats everyones thoughts on then most likely dekaying free agency bcuz they dont feel peoole could handke players signing million dollar contracts while were in a "Pandemic"

Just seen a report that it’s going on as scheduled. 

I don’t understand your beef though. It would have been most likely delayed because of players, agents, FO personnel taking transportation to these cities, exposing themselves to unnecessary risk when they can be home dealing with the disease itself or it’s warranted restrictions with their families. 

I imagine they decided that players can wait if they like and/or take conferenced calls to make deals. We have the technology, it doesn’t have to be face to face. Whatever physicals they have to take can wait 30-60 days. 

9 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

IDK but Xavier Rhodes could be refurbished and moved to safety IMO at the right price. 

I think I’m good, we need team speed and proven players. Xavier throttled back a ton in speed, became a liability. We already have a slow vet that we know can play safety in Malcolm.

a 1 year deal, fine whatever, but would rather just put that towards long term solutions. Like a corner or LB

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think I’m good, we need team speed and proven players. Xavier throttled back a ton in speed, became a liability. We already have a slow vet that we know can play safety in Malcolm.

a 1 year deal, fine whatever, but would rather just put that towards long term solutions. Like a corner or LB

I was thinking if all else fails with Malcolm and they cut ties. Not sure what that looks like financially. 

As far as Rhodes he would be a stop gap safety. He did lose a step, I think that's mainly due to being so top heavy. Idk. I think bringing him into camp on a year deal after the draft shakes out and after talks with Malcolm breakdown would be the only scenario. 

The only high-priced acquisition I would consider is Ngakoue.  Heck no to Clowney (misspelled the word I want to use), Jones will be overpriced if the Giants are serious, Cooper and Anderson are overpriced.

IMO Ngakoue could be a core piece for 6-7 years

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I was thinking if all else fails with Malcolm and they cut ties. Not sure what that looks like financially. 

As far as Rhodes he would be a stop gap safety. He did lose a step, I think that's mainly due to being so top heavy. Idk. I think bringing him into camp on a year deal after the draft shakes out and after talks with Malcolm breakdown would be the only scenario. 

Manuel has had success moving guys with maddox body type to FS to I wonder if that's the plan. So he and Leblanc can both get on the field.

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

CBA passed

the player reps kinda suck at their job, could’ve pushed for way more stuff.

great news for us though.

Get cut Alshon as post June 1st cut now

and it screws over the Cowboys.

Gotta find a trade partner for Alshon.