2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

21 is just too high for the dude. If we trade down to like 30-40 sure.

It's not if that is where teams will take him. If we traded down to 30 almost 100% he wouldn't make it there. Bills, Pats, Saints, Seahawks, Ravens, Packers all have WR needs. Plus if he is good, who cares if you take him at 21 or 30

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's not if that is where teams will take him. If we traded down to 30 almost 100% he wouldn't make it there. Bills, Pats, Saints, Seahawks, Ravens, Packers all have WR needs. Plus if he is good, who cares if you take him at 21 or 30

Doesn't matter, there are so many good WRs in this draft there's no sense in reaching on one at 21 and when you get one nearly as good as 53.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I agree -- I feel like, starting with the Eagles pick at 21, there will be a run on WR.  It's possible all the teams you mentioned take WR with the exception of the Seahawks an Ravens.  

I would prefer Shenault over Jefferson, but Joe Burrow will be the #1 overall pick in large part due to Jefferson's prowess and ability.  The pickings at #53 might actually be slim.

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

3 things I keep hearing on podcasts or in articles etc which are really picking up steam.

1) Moving Maddox to FS

2) Resigning Jalen Mills

3) Justin Jefferson at 21 

I think a Maddox move to FS is a backup plan if they can’t draft or sign anyone worth starting.

It lines up with what we do, cover your butt a little but with a cheap guy on a two year deal. Howie loves him some Mills

I think the Jefferson pick come more from he was in that 4-6 space early in the draft process. And most people don’t change from those early boards. Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy all ascended to potentially top 15, and you had Tee Higgins (who should’ve never been there) drop and Shenault’s injury became a confirmation bias that he is injury prone. So Jefferson is the last one who remains. I think it’s possible, but I don’t really get a sense that he’s the type of guy that makes it such an automatic assumption. The Keenan Allen comps I’ve seen recently are interesting, I loved Allen coming out. I want to go through and watch him again to see what wow-ness I missed.

I'll be more than a bit ticked off if there is a delay in free agency; there's really no need for it.  The only players who are being flown into the facilities and spending the day with different teams are the high-profile guys, and they can/do travel on private jets.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

mims is the flavor of the week 

Yeah, I think a lot of the National scout community all seemed to finally get to the “Mims is actually pretty good” take at the same time the last two weeks. 

I think Reagor will get that bounce again too.

44 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t get the hate for Jefferson on this board.....

Doesn't really stand out on film, and he rarely faced the #1 cb playing in the slot, with Chase outside. Put Mims on that team in the slot, and I bet his numbers would be even better. Jefferson = Tyler Boyd. He's good, but I'm not trading a 1st for Tyler Boyd.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think a Maddox move to FS is a backup plan if they can’t draft or sign anyone worth starting.

It lines up with what we do, cover your butt a little but with a cheap guy on a two year deal. Howie loves him some Mills

I think the Jefferson pick come more from he was in that 4-6 space early in the draft process. And most people don’t change from those early boards. Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy all ascended to potentially top 15, and you had Tee Higgins (who should’ve never been there) drop and Shenault’s injury became a confirmation bias that he is injury prone. So Jefferson is the last one who remains. I think it’s possible, but I don’t really get a sense that he’s the type of guy that makes it such an automatic assumption. The Keenan Allen comps I’ve seen recently are interesting, I loved Allen coming out. I want to go through and watch him again to see what wow-ness I missed.

Maddox and LeBlanc are both good players so getting both out there make sense. I think Avonte playing FS makes sense.

• Like 1

Would be on board with Maddox moving to FS. Save some money, getting younger and more talented at the FS position, focus primarily on drafting that "do it all" type safety to take over for Malcolm in a couple years (McKinney, Wallace, Burgess), get LeBlanc the snaps he deserves, Manuel is well regarded for these types of transitions with a track record of success. At first I was skeptical, but now I want it to happen. It makes sense from many angles. Let's do it.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

I feel like every year around this time we glorify the players who are out of range to godlike status, hype up lower players like they are just as good and turn our noses up at the players most likely to be in range. You can set your watch to it