2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Educated Guess! Howie's not breaking the bank for any CB IMO! Love to be wrong, just doubtful. 

I think the fact they can flip him to safety in a couple years makes it more up Howie and Jim’s alley...Jim seems to like versatility. You get Jones outside for a couple years, redo Malcolm’s deal, when that’s up in two years you move Byron over.

Howie spends on top guys that will start for many years..it’s like the only thing he shells out for anymore. Everything else is small immediate moves.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think the fact they can flip him to safety in a couple years makes it more up Howie and Jim’s alley...Jim seems to like versatility. You get Jones outside for a couple years, redo Malcolm’s deal, when that’s up in two years you move Byron over.

Howie spends on top guys that will start for many years..it’s like the only thing he shells out for anymore. Everything else is small immediate moves.

I'm all for that. Makes tons of sense, to much really! Just don't think we will outbid several other Teams that's all.

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm all for that. Makes tons of sense, to much really! Just don't think we will outbid several other Teams that's all.

I think it’ll depend really what he wants, if he wants the most $$$ he can get. He probably finds that in New York.

If he wants to be paid well but go to a good organization that wins, then we have a leg up over a lot of these cap rich crappy teams.

but can’t blame the guy for wanting to get paid.

Desmond Truffaut getting cut. Not sure why. Still only 29 had 4 picks last year and a plus pff grade. 

This is actually a good offseason to be needing some vet CB’s. Jones, Bradbury, Dennard, Trufant, Kevin Johnson, Waynes, Logan Ryan, Chris Harris, Slay available for trade. 

26 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Desmond Truffaut getting cut. Not sure why. Still only 29 had 4 picks last year and a plus pff grade. 

This is actually a good offseason to be needing some vet CB’s. Jones, Bradbury, Dennard, Trufant, Kevin Johnson, Waynes, Logan Ryan, Chris Harris, Slay available for trade. 

Trufant worked with Manuel most of his career. This is kind of a no brainer signing for the eagles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Jones and Trufant ftw

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Jones and Trufant ftw

I doubt they'll put that much money in the position. I think the Eagles sigh Jones + a lesser FA not on this list (or just resign Mills) or two from this list

Edited by EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I doubt they'll put that much money in the position. I think the Eagles sigh Jones + a lesser FA not on this list (or just resign Mills) or two from this list

Honestly I think it's more likely we sign Trufant now. Wonder how much he would cost?