2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Word is the GM made a run at Hopkins!

Like. I was just hoping that Howie just never was given the chance to make an offer because BoB is so stupid and was enamored with David Johnson for some ridiculous reason, but this is even more disappointing. Hopkins is literally exactly what this team needs.

Just now, Danger said:

Like. I was just hoping that Howie just never was given the chance to make an offer because BoB is so stupid and was enamored with David Johnson for some ridiculous reason, but this is even more disappointing. Hopkins is literally exactly what this team needs.

Howie likely tried to sell him on Alshon Jeffery straight across -- probably darn near worked.

Just now, TDTimes said:

Howie likely tried to sell him on Alshon Jeffery straight across -- probably darn near worked.

I still am hoping that maybe we can get Stefon Diggs for a 2nd or something. That'd be ideal, and at least BoB has set the WR trade market pretty low now.

Hopkins wants a new contract. That’s why he was traded. I don’t know if Howie is in any position to pay a WR top money and try to fill the rest of the roster. With that said, they had to have valued David Johnson highly or else I don’t know how the compensation worked. Still though, would have made a ton of sense roster-wise to get him on the team.