2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Cooper is good when he's on..but that's not consistent enough to be worth all that much.
I hope we helped drive it up

Cooper is going to smoke us twice a year, but that is A LOT for a WR, even if his name was Julio. That's nearly Cox/Donald money.

Edited by Jeezla

I’m gonna trust Howie here but this slaps of a lot of missed opportunity so far. A lot of talent at WR up for grabs and Howie’s either sticking to his plans or swinging and missing. Neither are making us better at the moment. He needs to hit a homerun sooner than later. I can’t expect him to nail the draft with so much unknown. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I’m gonna trust Howie here but this slaps of a lot of missed opportunity so far. A lot of talent at WR up for grabs and Howie’s either sticking to his plans or swinging and missing. Neither are making us better at the moment. He needs to hit a homerun sooner than later. I can’t expect him to nail the draft with so much unknown. 

it feels like howie is approaching FA differently this year. Like I don't see his fill holes and take bpa in the draft philosophy happening right now. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

hopefully trufant can cover him better than any of the losers we've had here the past couple years.

At least Dallas can't afford Trufant to replace Byron now. Hopefully they sign Mills.

Edited by Jeezla

Most of the chatter I heard before today was that, if the Eagles missed out on Byron Jones, they were going to double-back on discussions with the Lions on Darius Slay.  Could be they're waiting on Slay's agent to give them a contract number to consumate a sign-and-trade.

I imagine they will take a run at Trufant first, but I'd be surprised if Howie doesn't have a new, high priced CB by tomorrow afternoon.

Just now, TDTimes said:

Most of the chatter I heard before today was that, if the Eagles missed out on Byron Jones, they were going to double-back on discussions with the Lions on Darius Slay.  Could be they're waiting on Slay's agent to give them a contract number to consumate a sign-and-trade.

I imagine they will take a run at Trufant first, but I'd be surprised if Howie doesn't have a new, high priced CB by tomorrow afternoon.

if we are going to get a 29 year old corner give me trufant for less money and no picks.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

At least Dallas can't afford Trufant to replace Byron now. Hopefully they sign Mills.

They can definitely afford plenty still. Cutting Tyrone Crawford saves them 8 Million, And they had $77 Million like a week ago. They have plenty left, probably about the same cap as us after they resign Dak.