2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

Just now, TDTimes said:

Most of the chatter I heard before today was that, if the Eagles missed out on Byron Jones, they were going to double-back on discussions with the Lions on Darius Slay.  Could be they're waiting on Slay's agent to give them a contract number to consumate a sign-and-trade.

I imagine they will take a run at Trufant first, but I'd be surprised if Howie doesn't have a new, high priced CB by tomorrow afternoon.

His price will go way down after most teams fill their needs in FA. Maybe Howie’s playing hardball. I’m not giving up more than a third. 

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

They can definitely afford plenty still. Cutting Tyrone Crawford saves them 8 Million, And they had $77 Million like a week ago. They have plenty left, probably about the same cap as us after they resign Dak.

They also restructured Zeke and Collins.

Assuming the first year of Amari's deal is somewhere around $18.5M, they're still somewhere around $33M in cap space right now. Dak's cap hit this year after they sign him to a long term deal would probably only add like 3-4M on this season.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

They can definitely afford plenty still. Cutting Tyrone Crawford saves them 8 Million, And they had $77 Million like a week ago. They have plenty left, probably about the same cap as us after they resign Dak.

Image result for ron simmons damn gif

Just now, Jroc04 said:

His price will go way down after most teams fill their needs in FA. Maybe Howie’s playing hardball. I’m not giving up more than a third. 

They supposedly asked DEN for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and the contract extension from his agent was around $15M per season.  Starting to look more reasonable after today.

Just now, TDTimes said:

They supposedly asked DEN for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and the contract extension from his agent was around $15M per season.  Starting to look more reasonable after today.

Hell, if Bradberry is getting that kind of coin, a 3rd and 15M for Slay is an acceptable band aid for me. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hell, if Bradberry is getting that kind of coin, a 3rd and 15M for Slay is an acceptable band aid for me. 

why make a smart signing like Hargrave to turn around and do something dumb like trade for slay?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

His last 5 games against us

3-66 TD
6-75 
10-217 3TD
5-106
1-4

He's pretty much owned us, aside from the week 16 beatdown.

I only see one owning among those games. The other 3 are good games I'd expect a high volume target WR to garner against the likes of Sidney Jones, Jalen Mills and Ronald Darby. I'm positive I'm missing some other notably bad CBs he's beaten up on as well. And as for the last game, that's a prime example of why he isn't worth that contract. He's a physically and mentally fragile player who checks out of games and who regularly beats up on #2 and #3 caliber corners.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

why make a smart signing like Hargrave to turn around and do something dumb like trade for slay?

So you're saying we should trade for Mike Evans? What? Offer a 2nd for Calvin Ridley? Huh?

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I only see one owning among those games. The other 3 are good games I'd expect a high volume target WR to garner against the likes of Sidney Jones, Jalen Mills and Ronald Darby. I'm positive I'm missing some other notably bad CBs he's beaten up on as well. And as for the last game, that's a prime example of why he isn't worth that contract. He's a physically and mentally fragile player who checks out of games and who regularly beats up on #2 and #3 caliber corners.

He's had 2 bums throwing to him

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Both Darby and Mills were literally losing games for the Eagles last season, and Maddox wasn't any better on the outside.  Douglas didn't perform when given the opportunity, either.  I'm not the biggest believer in Slay either, but he is light years better than what the Eagles trotted out there in 2019