2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

I want Alshon out. Dude is a leak to the media and just causes issues. We know someone said it to his face, so its not like the players do not know.

Take the hit, cut him and move on

Howie's extension/guarantee of his contract last year is one of his worst contract related moves to date. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

should we start a thread about the negative speculation circulating carson right now that his ego is shaping the team?

It’s troubling 

but it sounds like maybe it’s people above trying to do it moreso than Carson asking for it. 
If that’s the case then Carson does need to step up and tell them to knock it the hell off. Because I’m sure he would rather deal with “the struggle“ of having Hopkins, than get a bunch of ??? rookies who historically won’t be all that great this year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s troubling 

but it sounds like maybe it’s people above trying to do it moreso than Carson asking for it. 
If that’s the case then Carson does need to step up and tell them to knock it the hell off. Because I’m sure he would rather deal with “the struggle“ of having Hopkins, than get a bunch of ??? rookies who historically won’t be all that great this year.

There is no reason to think Wentz vetoed a Hopkins trade. Eagles probably didn't want to give up the draft capital it would've taken. Houston probably and stupidly highly overvalued David Johnson.  Also, Wentz is pulling the strings but Alshon is still here? 

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

There is no reason to think Wentz vetoed a Hopkins trade. Eagles probably didn't want to give up the draft capital it would've taken. Houston probably and stupidly highly overvalued David Johnson.  Also, Wentz is pulling the strings but Alshon is still here? 

I know, I dont think he did. What QB would?

But if there is this thing within upper management,
That they need to get rid of all those who oppose Carson.
Get rid of loud respected voices like Jenkins that were drowning out Carson's.
Or they can't bring in a vet WR "with their own ideas and playstyles" because they won't possibly mesh, and instead need to to get all young guys.

He needs to tell them to knock it off. Silence is just as damaging here.

The way these reports are it's like he's this egomaniac who needs hyper-specific skillsets from his wideouts..
Like it sounds crazy.

But they aren't going away, it needs to be rooted out one way or the other.

• Like 1

I'm not getting that interpretation one bit? Not even remotely. 

If Howie wasn't going to look so bad for cutting Alshon after giving him that Rediculous extension,  it would of happened already. Like most GM's though , He's not trying to look like the fool.

Also starting to wonder if it wasn't Alshon this whole time but Agholor mitching and complaining behind closed doors? If AJ was really that big of a issue within the Locke room,  he'd be gone by now and they'd take the Cap hit.

Starting to think that's not the case. 

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Theres no reason to keep Alshon after June 1st

You keep saying this. They can designate him a June 1st cut and let him go now. Desmond Trufant already signed with another team and was designated a June 1st cut but the Falcons. 

Now, if the Eagles are being petty they could certainly hold onto him and let him go later after all the FA money dries up. That would be pretty grimey though. They are either keeping him or letting him get healthy and trading him. 

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

June 1st is not a real deadline anymore because you can designate someone a June 1st cut at any time. If they were going to June 1st cut Alshon it would be done already

They are still probably trying to trade him. But he sucked last year and wont be healthy this year so i doubt that happens.

maybe the plan is to put him on IR and if the young guys are doing fine they never have to take him off ir this season?

Edited by ninjapirate

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

They are still probably trying to trade him. But he sucked last year and wont be healthy this year so i doubt that happens.

maybe the plan is to put him on IR and if the young guys are doing fine they never have to take him off ir this season?

I think the plan is to just play him and let him go next offseason.