2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I wonder how active the trade market will be for CB’s? Maybe Boyue or Casey Hayward. 

with 10 picks trade for one then sign one 

Or just sign 2 and keep our picks so we can use them to move up in the draft 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Very well could but the advantage of making a trade is to not have get into a bidding war and over pay  players. 

We lose all of our trade bidding wars recently, might as well overpay in FA if we can make the cap hits work. Whatever we'd offer for Bouye or Hayward, some other team would offer something better, and they might not really want to be here. If they sign here as a FA, they want to be here.

Edited by Jeezla

35 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Or just sign 2 and keep our picks so we can use them to move up in the draft 

That would be ideal... I like Byron Jones, but I think we go after Trae Waynes... I would like to keep all of our picks too... if we can get Casey Heyward or Darius Slay... maybe moving a couple picks would work as long as it ain't too much and we get a couple back (2021/22)... throw in Douglas or Jones also to lower compensation 🤙🤙🤙

2 minutes ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

That would be ideal... I like Byron Jones, but I think we go after Trae Waynes... I would like to keep all of our picks too... if we can get Casey Heyward or Darius Slay... maybe moving a couple picks would work as long as it ain't too much and we get a couple back (2021/22)... throw in Douglas or Jones also to lower compensation 🤙🤙🤙

The Lions want at least a 1st and 3rd for Slay, so that ain't happening

36 minutes ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

Isn't CB Heyward ranked and viewed by many as a better CB... I suppose they'll want more for him

It doesn’t work like that it’s not linear. 

The Chargers look poised to rebuild and start over with a new QB. So what god is a 29 year old CB with 2 years left on his deal? I doubt they are looking at ridiculously high compensation because they likely won’t get it 

if the price in Slay is that high then he is not actually on the block. He is 29 as well and on the last year of his deal.

a 3rd and 5th should get it done if either team is serious about moving him.

You could look at similar compensation for AJ Boyue from the Jags. That team is in cap hell. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It doesn’t work like that it’s not linear. 

The Chargers look poised to rebuild and start over with a new QB. So what god is a 29 year old CB with 2 years left on his deal? I doubt they are looking at ridiculously high compensation because they likely won’t get it 

if the price in Slay is that high then he is not actually on the block. He is 29 as well and on the last year of his deal.

a 3rd and 5th should get it done if either team is serious about moving him.

You could look at similar compensation for AJ Boyue from the Jags. That team is in cap hell. 

Thanks EaglesPeteC... I honestly think the Chargers and Jaguars are in a better position then Lions... I think compensation for Slay will go down before the draft and the Lions clearly are in rebuild mode... I think the 1st and 3rd mentioned was them trying to get a 2nd, but nobody budged knowing this is his last year under contract 🤙

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Byron Jones, Chris Harris Jr, James Bradberry (probably signs with the skins), Kevin Johnson, Mackensie Alexander, Trae Waynes, Darqueze Dennard. I think we use FA to fix CB and we go after 2 of those guys. We watch Jones shut down Alshon twice a year, and we scouted him heavily leading up to the draft, so he's probably our #1 target.

That still makes me mad that we passed on Jones for Agholor and I'm a USC fan. I thought Agholor would be a fine pick (I was wrong).

Jones is younger and he's a scheme fit. Just make him a top paid corner and be done with it.

I don't think Dallas is gonna pay him and there was already a rumor the Eagles will aggressively pursue him and Chris Harris. And, while I like Harris a lot. He's been amazing and under appreciated over his career, but he's older and better in the slot.