2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:
3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No just people spitballing I believe.  Trying to justify any and all Yan to the Eagle Rumors.  

I dont know i feel like i;ve heard ertz to the jags rumor for a while now.

Pretty sure it's the assumption by the Masses since TE is a glaring weakness for the Jag and obvious strength for the Eagles. I'd still not do it!

Rather not be 1 play away from having the Best TE situation in the NFL, to worst if Goedert went down!

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Im with you. I brought that up awhile back and got bashed on because our offense was a check down offense blah blah blah. They forgot about the injuries though

Got the same 💩 Too. We have Goedert, Better now when value is at its highest,  blah blah blah.

Never mind the fact he's Wentz's Safety Valve. Go to Reciever in clutch situations. Great locker room guy and teammate. Top 3 TE in the NFL.  Let's trade him because Goedert might be Special,  can easily replace Zach?

Sorry but I've seen Goedert drop way to many easy TD, easy 1st downs in his brief 2 years. I'm not saying he can't or wont be Special but he is NOT Zach Ertz. Don't give 2 💩💩 either about the Cap, contract or money neither. On a team void of Offensive WR's, you dont trade the only real passing threat Carson has. Plan and Simple!

• Like 2

If the best argument to keep Ertz is that you’re afraid the next guy is going to get hurt, what stops anyone making that argument about anybody ever. You can’t be scared of injuries. You need a backup plan for Desean, fine. He’s proven he’s not playing 16 games a year. Dallas has been durable so far. Our TE situation is a luxury. DG was a luxury pick. I like having that combo to deploy against defenses but not as much as a premier pass rusher or a top WR playing 90% of the snaps. Going forward Dallas, a decent TE backup, Yannick > Ertz, Dallas, backup DE. Simple. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If the best argument to keep Ertz is that you’re afraid the next guy is going to get hurt, what stops anyone making that argument about anybody ever. You can’t be scared of injuries. You need a backup plan for Desean, fine. He’s proven he’s not playing 16 games a year. Dallas has been durable so far. Our TE situation is a luxury. DG was a luxury pick. I like having that combo to deploy against defenses but not as much as a premier pass rusher or a top WR playing 90% of the snaps. Going forward Dallas, a decent TE backup, Yannick > Ertz, Dallas, backup DE. Simple. 

the jags seem to rebuilding now though so them trading for ertz doesnt make sense. 

Don't want to trade Ertz. This offense needs 2 TEs, trading Ertz creates a hole, not to mention we downgrade going from Ertz, top 5 TE and Wentz's safety valve, to Goedert, bright future but still developing and we hope will be as good as Ertz. Rather roll with both until Ertz shows first signs of slowing down.

0 interest in giving up anything for Cooks.  Gets paid an outrageous $17M+ per year on remaining 3 (if I'm reading spotrac right), awful 2019. Perpetually banged up. Also I find it telling he is about to have played for 4 different teams in 5 years, assuming he gets traded.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the jags seem to rebuilding now though so them trading for ertz doesnt make sense. 

Goedert then. Just is a waste of talent keeping someone capped at like 60% of snaps. Reimagine that talent into a more lacking position. WR, DE, CB, whatever 

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Don't want to trade Ertz. This offense needs 2 TEs, trading Ertz creates a hole, not to mention we downgrade going from Ertz, top 5 TE and Wentz's safety valve, to Goedert, bright future but still developing and we hope will be as good as Ertz. Rather roll with both until Ertz shows first signs of slowing down.

0 interest in giving up anything for Cooks.  Gets paid an outrageous $17M+ per year on remaining 3 (if I'm reading spotrac right), awful 2019. Perpetually banged up. Also I find it telling he is about to have played for 4 different teams in 5 years, assuming he gets traded.

It doesn’t need two TEs. They utilized it so much because of how trash the WR were. I’m not going to blame the offense being impotent because of the two TEs. It was clearly because we had nothing on the outside. The TEs (and Miles) were the only reason the offense did anything. They still finished bottom 10 in yards per play though.  Why? Because Ertz and Goedert are mostly effective within the sticks. They aren’t dynamic. Ertz is a top 3-4 TE. Goedert is a top 10 (?) with potential for more. I’d take one of those guys and turn them into a top 20 WR or a top 20 DE and your teams becomes better automatically. This is a no brainer. Having two good TEs at the expense of your other lacking positions hinders this team. And it will continue until Howie figures it out. Alshon, D Jax, Agholor, the best TE combo in the league was a win on paper. Too bad everything went wrong and we found out what happens when the WRs go down. No ones scared of your offense when the two guys you have to worry about are 6’5 and 250 lbs who run a 4.7. 

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

No to Cooks 

I have already expressed the idea of trading Ertz....this offense isn’t built around 2 TEs we played two because of all the injuries at WR. 

Hell no to Cooks and that contract btw. He gets released, sure I’d take him. But that money is silly. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It doesn’t need two TEs. They utilized it so much because of how trash the WR were. I’m not going to blame the offense being impotent because of the two TEs. It was clearly because we had nothing on the outside. The TEs (and Miles) were the only reason the offense did anything. They still finished bottom 10 in yards per play though.  Why? Because Ertz and Goedert are mostly effective within the sticks. They aren’t dynamic. Ertz is a top 3-4 TE. Goedert is a top 10 (?) with potential for more. I’d take one of those guys and turn them into a top 20 WR or a top 20 DE and your teams becomes better automatically. This is a no brainer. Having two good TEs at the expense of your other lacking positions hinders this team. And it will continue until Howie figures it out. Alshon, D Jax, Agholor, the best TE combo in the league was a win on paper. Too bad everything went wrong and we found out what happens when the WRs go down. No ones scared of your offense when the two guys you have to worry about are 6’5 and 250 lbs who run a 4.7. 

Why did we draft Goedert in the 2nd round, with our 1st pick, right after losing Burton, if Douggy does not want 2 TEs? Ertz wasn't even 28 yet when we made that pick, and it's not like TEs have inherently short shelf lives (especially a somewhat soft TE like Ertz who has managed to evade major injuries). I definitely think Doug's offensive vision involves plenty of 2 TE sets, which means neither Ertz or Goedert are really expendable to him. Doesn't mean they're untradeable, but losing one creates a hole since Perkins is not going to get it done. 

Also, if the Jags think they can get a 1st or 2nd for Yan, are they really settling for Ertz? They clearly are not winning anytime soon, so I can't imagine they value Ertz over a high draft pick. Unless they are sold on Minshew and want to aid in his development by giving him a top TE. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

No to Cooks 

I have already expressed the idea of trading Ertz....this offense isn’t built around 2 TEs we played two because of all the injuries at WR. 

The eagles do play a lot of two tight end sets though and they want to do so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why did we draft Goedert in the 2nd round, with our 1st pick, right after losing Burton, if Douggy does not want 2 TEs? Ertz wasn't even 28 yet when we made that pick, and it's not like TEs have inherently short shelf lives (especially a somewhat soft TE like Ertz who has managed to evade major injuries). I definitely think Doug's offensive vision involves plenty of 2 TE sets, which means neither Ertz or Goedert are really expendable to him. Doesn't mean they're untradeable, but losing one creates a hole since Perkins is not going to get it done. 

Also, if the Jags think they can get a 1st or 2nd for Yan, are they really settling for Ertz? They clearly are not winning anytime soon, so I can't imagine they value Ertz over a high draft pick. Unless they are sold on Minshew and want to aid in his development by giving him a top TE. 

We drafted Goedert because it was a mistake. Made no sense at the time and makes little now. We were all enamored with the idea. But it doesn’t work. It’s a luxury and works only if other components are working. It’s a dink and dunk offense. 

Then trade Goedert and a pick for Yannick.  Or find another trade partner. Ertz will be fine for another 3 years is seems. Draft a guy this year (moss?) or next and develop him. It’s a wasted allocation of talent. Carson was humming in 2017 not using two TEs much. He’s down almost a whole yard per attempt since then. Two TEs weigh the offense down when utilized too much. It’s a nice package to have. It’s a nice place to visit, not a nice place to live. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

We drafted Goedert because it was a mistake. Made no sense at the time and makes little now. We were all enamored with the idea. But it doesn’t work. It’s a luxury and works only if other components are working. It’s a dink and dunk offense. 

Then trade Goedert and a pick for Yannick.  Or find another trade partner. Ertz will be fine for another 3 years is seems. Draft a guy this year (moss?) or next and develop him. It’s a wasted allocation of talent. Carson was humming in 2017 not using two TEs much. He’s down almost a whole yard per attempt since then. Two TEs weigh the offense down when utilized too much. It’s a nice package to have. It’s a nice place to visit, not a nice place to live. 

If you look over stats the past few years 2 tight end sets has been our best unit. Even in 2017. 

• Like 1