2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I keep seeing posts on facebook about a book about the 2019 49ers called legendary. Like man you guys lost the superbowl who wants to read about losers?

Could be worse. Could be Rockin a 2015 Dallas Cowboys SB Champions Tattoo! 🍺

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

No he was not. It's like pulling teeth for them to simply say he's an upgrade on Mills and Darby. Which shouldn't take much nudging.

For the Eagles to contend, strong side CB HAD to be fixed.  Perhaps the most disappointing thing I saw last season was Darby and Maddox playing the position even worse than Mills was -- which I didn't think was physically possible.

Trading a 3rd and a 5th to fix the most glaring need on the roster shouldn't even be debatable 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

For the Eagles to contend, strong side CB HAD to be fixed.  Perhaps the most disappointing thing I saw last season was Darby and Maddox playing the position even worse than Mills was -- which I didn't think was physically possible.

Trading a 3rd and a 5th to fix the most glaring need on the roster shouldn't even be debatable 

Agreed, it's a no brainer. Although, I'll die on the "Maddox played well on the outside" hill lol

Slay as a player is a huge upgrade.

But the move is definitely not in a vacuum. It’s the exact opposite of what Howie said they’d do; Which was Drafting young players to help rebuild this roster going forward. 

I think the flaw in Bo, Sheil and others thinking on this is simply Byron Jones wasn’t coming here. He wanted to go to another division and to get him we’d probably have to pay $22+ mil. Which would cost us these plus side young secondary player like NRC and Will Parks. Byron Jones also isn’t as good as Slay, though this point is softened with Jones’ longevity by being more versatile. And Howie isn’t really good at drafting, so trading later picks to fill our biggest hole is not as devastating.

Im fine with the reality, that we had to and got potentially a great player. I’m mad that they can’t just draft smarter. Turns out drafting/trading for guys who are hurt (Sidney, Darby) or who don’t do what your coaches want (Rasul, Golden Tate)  doesn’t work out all that well...maybe we could stop doing it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TDTimes said:

did they fix it though? Everyone kind of glosses over the question marks on slay going into next year. 

Edited by ninjapirate

55 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

did they fix it though? Everyone kind of glosses over the question marks on slay going into next year. 

From the standpoint of how pathetic our outside CBs have been, yeah one of them is probably fixed for a year or two. 

If we had any kind of talent out there last year the concerns for him might hold some more water.

that is separate from anything with the trade compensation or contract.

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

From the standpoint of how pathetic our outside CBs have been, yeah one of them is probably fixed for a year or two. 

If we had any kind of talent out there last year the concerns for him might hold some more water.

that is separate from anything with the trade compensation or contract.

is a band aid worth sending draft picks for?