2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Once that run starts on WR (or any position really) it's like an avalanche man. Every team that needs one who hasn't picked one yet, will default to taking one. I think that run starts in the 20s. The big 3 will all be gone by 15 at the latest. There's gonna be like 7 receivers taken in the 1st.

We've seen an average of 7.6 WRs taken in the first 64 picks, with a high of 9 WRs taken in the first 64 picks last year.  Just looking TDN's top 9 WRs, that means you'd miss on CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, Justin Jefferson, Jalen Reagor, Laviska Shenault Jr., KJ Hamler, Denzel Mims, and Brandon Aiyuk.  Assuming those WRs came off the board, you'd be looking at a WR board of Tee Higgins, DPJ, Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, etc.  And that's not taking into account that the value to move up in the second round is exponentially cheaper than that of the first round, so even if the WR board started to dry up you could move up to secure a WR for comparatively pretty cheap.  And you compare that to OT and DL, you're probably going to see the board dry up quicker on those positions.  As a Packers' fan, I think I'd rather walk away with Josh Jones and Chase Claypool then Jalen Reagor and Ezra Cleveland.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

We've seen an average of 7.6 WRs taken in the first 64 picks, with a high of 9 WRs taken in the first 64 picks last year.  Just looking TDN's top 9 WRs, that means you'd miss on CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, Justin Jefferson, Jalen Reagor, Laviska Shenault Jr., KJ Hamler, Denzel Mims, and Brandon Aiyuk.  Assuming those WRs came off the board, you'd be looking at a WR board of Tee Higgins, DPJ, Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, etc.  And that's not taking into account that the value to move up in the second round is exponentially cheaper than that of the first round, so even if the WR board started to dry up you could move up to secure a WR for comparatively pretty cheap.  And you compare that to OT and DL, you're probably going to see the board dry up quicker on those positions.  As a Packers' fan, I think I'd rather walk away with Josh Jones and Chase Claypool then Jalen Reagor and Ezra Cleveland.

I'd rather have Reagor and Cleveland. I don't think there's a big gap between Jones and Cleveland, but there is a big gap between Reagor and Claypool. I'd take Antonio Gandy-Golden over Claypool. Packer fans should want Higgins. He's basically Jordy.

Edited by Jeezla

I'll re-post this here:

Signed:                  Lost:
J Hargrave            H Vaitai
W Parks                 R Darby
J Brown                 KGH
                                N Agholor
                                J Howard
                                R Rodgers
                                T Jernigan

NRC shouldn't count against comps since his option was declined, like Bradham.

Am I missing somebody?

Hopefully Peters gets a 1 year/10M deal, and nets us a 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'll re-post this here:

Signed:                  Lost:
J Hargrave            H Vaitai
W Parks                 R Darby
J Brown                 KGH
                                N Agholor
                                J Howard
                                R Rodgers
                                T Jernigan

NRC shouldn't count against comps since his option was declined, like Bradham.

Am I missing somebody?

Hopefully Peters gets a 1 year/10M deal, and nets us a 3rd or 4th.

It’s estimated we’re getting 3 6’s and a 7th so far. 

40 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

they do look cool a shame the draft got cancelled i would have went.

I was about to book a suite at the Cosmo (Was going to split it 3 ways with 2 other buds). Thank god I procrastinated waiting for a better rate.

Edited by Jeezla

Not to diminish anything Malcolm accomplished here and what he provided for us, but is it really that big of an ask for Mills to replicate his responsibilities? Help in run support, occasionally cover a TE or slot WR, blitz, occasionally cover a RB, sniff out screens...idk I just don't feel like any of that stuff requires some specific and elite skill set.

I don’t think it’s far fetched to think the Eagles can get Jenkins’ job duplicated. Although he was a really, really good while here. But to think Mills will just step in and replace a player like Jenkins is being disrespectful. Is Mills going to be a pro bowl safety? I doubt it. I’m interested to see what he can do but not very optimistic about it. Malcom was a really heady guy. Mills just seems like the opposite. All balls and no brains.