2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

32 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's a sad day when ninja is the one making the most sense around here.

This forum: We have no weapons

Also this forum: Just trade Ertz

giphy.gif

Need to toss that rock around...need that synergy. Even if they can’t catch or get open.

Best thing to do to get Carson’s guys is get rid of Carson’s guy.

Yea cause that offense last year was on firrreeeeee. Worst Eagles offense I’ve ever seen. And it’s been a while. Let’s keep going back to that well. 

Goedert can replace Ertz. Pretty confident in that. In two years we won’t miss Ertz at all and he’ll walk for nothing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Because there isn't a single wide receiver available that replaces 88 catches in your offense.

Ward projected just from last year would have had 74 catches. 

Ertz had 6.8 yards per target. 

Ward 6.4. 

Greg freakin Ward can replace Ertz’ production. Please stop pretending Ertz is the only receiver that can catch passes in the NFL for Carson. Desean, Goedert, 10 games of Alshon, Ward, rookie would be fine. In need of some upgrading but better than last year. 

Ertz was ranked 73rd in yards per target. Plenty of guys can duplicate that production. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Ward projected just from last year would have had 74 catches. 

Ertz had 6.8 yards per target. 

Ward 6.4. 

Greg freakin Ward can replace Ertz’ production. Please stop pretending Ertz is the only receiver that can catch passes in the NFL for Carson. Desean, Goedert, 10 games of Alshon, Ward, rookie would be fine. In need of some upgrading but better than last year. 

Ertz was ranked 73rd in yards per target. Plenty of guys can duplicate that production. 

So he sucks and any bottom of the roster player replaces him but he has trade value?

You can only choose one side of this coin fam. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Eli Apple back on the market. Couldn’t finalize the deal with the Raiders. Will only be 25. That’s a #2 I can live with. 

Doesn’t he suck? (As a player and teammate)

This could help us potentially for the trade up option though. If the Raiders are desperate for CB they might go there at #12. Maybe.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Doesn’t he suck? (As a player and teammate)

This could help us potentially for the trade up option though. If the Raiders are desperate for CB they might go there at #12. Maybe.

he has a crappy family interruption but they are eagles fans so maybe they'll be chill. 

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

So he sucks and any bottom of the roster player replaces him but he has trade value?

You can only choose one side of this coin fam. 

What I’m sayin, that you brought up and then subsequently dodged, is that Ertz production can be replaced. You suggested otherwise. 

I’m not going to continually post the same idea. Regardless of what I think, Ertz has trade value. A good amount. 12 or so playoff teams would love to have him. And I think a 2nd would be about right. And let’s not get it twisted, Ertz is good. But he’s not a one man machine. This offense stutters along with him at the focal point. He’s not dynamic. And therefor can be replaced. And look at this, we have him on the team already. Goedert can step right in and have barely of drop off at all. You’re saying we have to replace 88 catches or Ertz production. We don’t. We have to replace Goedert’s production. Much easier. Now, the major issue is that this team lacks outside talent right now. Clearly the WR opens up this offense. If Howie did anything to improve the WR room then the TEs would be more effective. But, as we stand, Howie has other plans. If you’re not going to upgrade the WRs then having two good TEs on the roster is pointless. One good TE, one decent backup and whatever you can turn that other TE into is head and shoulders better than what we had last year. Whether it’s a trade up for a rookie WR, Yannick or another better option on the outside. And I’ll keep posting until someone addresses:

Ertz, Goedert, same corp as 2019 

or

Goedert/Ertz, top 3 rookie WR or Yannick minus a 3rd (?), same corp 

which would you prefer? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea cause that offense last year was on firrreeeeee. Worst Eagles offense I’ve ever seen. And it’s been a while. Let’s keep going back to that well. 

Goedert can replace Ertz. Pretty confident in that. In two years we won’t miss Ertz at all and he’ll walk for nothing.  

Let’s just trade Wentz. Think of how many WR’s we could get then!!!

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

What I’m sayin, that you brought up and then subsequently dodged, is that Ertz production can be replaced. You suggested otherwise. 

I’m not going to continually post the same idea. Regardless of what I think, Ertz has trade value. A good amount. 12 or so playoff teams would love to have him. And I think a 2nd would be about right. And let’s not get it twisted, Ertz is good. But he’s not a one man machine. This offense stutters along with him at the focal point. He’s not dynamic. And therefor can be replaced. And look at this, we have him on the team already. Goedert can step right in and have barely of drop off at all. You’re saying we have to replace 88 catches or Ertz production. We don’t. We have to replace Goedert’s production. Much easier. Now, the major issue is that this team lacks outside talent right now. Clearly the WR opens up this offense. If Howie did anything to improve the WR room then the TEs would be more effective. But, as we stand, Howie has other plans. If you’re not going to upgrade the WRs then having two good TEs on the roster is pointless. One good TE, one decent backup and whatever you can turn that other TE into is head and shoulders better than what we had last year. Whether it’s a trade up for a rookie WR, Yannick or another better option on the outside. And I’ll keep posting until someone addresses:

Ertz, Goedert, same corp as 2019 

or

Goedert/Ertz, top 3 rookie WR or Yannick minus a 3rd (?), same corp 

which would you prefer? 

the fallacy of your argument is that the eagles can just draft receivers and not trade tight ends. They have 8 draft picks not zero. 

Edited by ninjapirate

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

the fallacy of your argument is that the eagles can just draft receivers and not trade tight ends. They have 8 draft picks not zero. 

You're not seeing the forrest through the trees. Would you rather have Tee Higgins/Donovan Peoples-Jones, or Jerry Jeudy/Henry Ruggs?

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Let’s just trade Wentz. Think of how many WR’s we could get then!!!

wth 

I’m suggesting we take from a point of strength and redistributing to a place of deficiency. Not tough to comprehend. Not only would we take from that position, we already drafted the replacement 2 years ago. There’s an improvement between Ertz and Goedert vs Ertz or Goedert, FA TE and the addition from trading one of those TEs. What’s not to get? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

wth 

I’m suggesting we take from a point of strength and redistributing to a place of deficiency. Not tough to comprehend. Not only would we take from that position, we already drafted the replacement 2 years ago. There’s an improvement between Ertz and Goedert vs Ertz or Goedert, FA TE and the addition from trading one of those TEs. What’s not to get? 

Because trading your best and most reliable offensive weapon when you are a team in need of reliable offensive weapons is a bad idea and you should feel bad