2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

Were going to interview Dewayne Walker, DBs coach for the Browns. Im guessing for the same position. 

Were also rumored to Byron Jones and Chris Harris for Free Agency. Howie obviously has to get 1 or 2 CBs. Not really news. I think price is more the issue. But we’re def bringing in 1 or 2 I’d think. 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Harrell played for and then worked with Leach for two seasons as WR coach...Leach learned his "Air Raid" system from Lavelle Edwards at BYU where Andy Reid played/coached. 

Kevin Bacon game lol 

Yeah that's like saying I know somebody who's brother's father's cousin was on the 9/11 flight. 

It's not any strong link.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Were going to interview Dewayne Walker, DBs coach for the Browns. Im guessing for the same position. 

Were also rumored to Byron Jones and Chris Harris for Free Agency. Howie obviously has to get 1 or 2 CBs. Not really news. I think price is more the issue. But we’re def bringing in 1 or 2 I’d think. 

Think they loved Byron predraft if I remember right. 
Not shocking though, we need to add a starter. So that we can figure out the long term of the other.

I think we go after Jones hard too, he fits the bill of a clear upgrade that follows the template of at least not getting older. He also fits the "not getting burnt deep" template that I'm sure the coaches and executives know is a problem. I wouldn't be mad if we brought back Mills as the #2 if we bring in Jones. Maddox in the slot with LeBlanc subbing. Also drafting a CB in round 1 or 2. Boom.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think we go after Jones hard too, he fits the bill of a clear upgrade that follows the template of at least not getting older. He also fits the "not getting burnt deep" template that I'm sure the coaches and executives know is a problem. I wouldn't be mad if we brought back Mills as the #2 if we bring in Jones. Maddox in the slot with LeBlanc subbing. Also drafting a CB in round 1 or 2. Boom.

I totally agree. Would love B.Jones,  Mills , Draft pick,  Maddox and LeBlanc . 

Issue is what to do with S. Jones? If we draft and sign someone big that pretty much ruins further hopeful development

24 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I totally agree. Would love B.Jones,  Mills , Draft pick,  Maddox and LeBlanc . 

Issue is what to do with S. Jones? If we draft and sign someone big that pretty much ruins further hopeful development

It's hard for me to give Sidney any more special leeway. I wouldn't let Sidney's development or lack of development deter me from expending significant resources on the CB position. Let him compete. Let him learn and possibly spark something under the new DB coach. There's room for him or Rasul to prove themselves and earn that sixth and final CB spot according to this model.