2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Remember how the team was very high on Joe Ostman? Looks like we’re basically replacing him with Daeshon hall assuming ostman makes the roster. I liked Josh Sweat’s progress this year. I definitely like him as a situational/rotational pass rusher. I’m also excited to see Genard Avery next season and see a what an off-season here will look for him. 

Ostman will get his shot next year, Hall will probably be out most of the season with the ACL tearing on the last play of week 17

Avery will maybe get the Curry role

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ostman will get his shot next year, Hall will probably be out most of the season with the ACL tearing on the last play of week 17

Avery will maybe get the Curry role

I wouldn’t mind bringing back Curry at the right price. He’s a vet who can provide leadership to this younger crew. If he doesn’t want a lot let’s bring him back. 

26 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I wouldn’t mind bringing back Curry at the right price. He’s a vet who can provide leadership to this younger crew. If he doesn’t want a lot let’s bring him back. 

If their messaging about youth is true

think they let Curry walk unless he’s adamant about staying for a hometown price.

17 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Most of the season? I think that's hyperbole for an acl tear nowadays. 

He’ll be back, but he’ll start the year on PuP and they’ll have to put him on the shelf.

depending on roster management and how he recovers it could be most of the year.

Like coming back in week 11 after a bye or something like that is a typical move for this kinda thing.

In March and April I’m making sure we are good without him. Though that could just mean they give Ostman, Avery and Miller a shot to step up.

Getting Malik Jackson back this year is gonna be huge for that defense......

Such a bummer that we lost him the first game of the season. And it rarely gets talked about, too. Having a three man rotation of him, Cox, and Jernigan would have really elevated the defense this past season. 

• Like 1

Is it really dumb for me to think the medical staff has to go because we have a lot of injuries? I find it tough to swallow that our guys get hurt because of a couple guys in polo shirts are incapable. Lack of strength or stretching can lead to some soft tissue injuries I guess. But when we have crazy injuries I really don’t understand the issue with the medical staff. Is it really their fault? I doubt it. I guess it’s easy to blame someone for a ridiculous amount of injuries but how much is really preventable? Honestly. It’s just a convenient excuse. Style of play and personal preparation dictate more to injuries, IMO, than anything a medical staff can do. 

19 minutes ago, baconrad11 said:

Getting Malik Jackson back this year is gonna be huge for that defense......

Such a bummer that we lost him the first game of the season. And it rarely gets talked about, too. Having a three man rotation of him, Cox, and Jernigan would have really elevated the defense this past season. 

Yeah plus he would've helped with the putrid secondary by giving them less time they had to cover. He was a big addition man. Can't wait to see him come back. Him and the other Jackson.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Is it really dumb for me to think the medical staff has to go because we have a lot of injuries? I find it tough to swallow that our guys get hurt because of a couple guys in polo shirts are incapable. Lack of strength or stretching can lead to some soft tissue injuries I guess. But when we have crazy injuries I really don’t understand the issue with the medical staff. Is it really their fault? I doubt it. I guess it’s easy to blame someone for a ridiculous amount of injuries but how much is really preventable? Honestly. It’s just a convenient excuse. Style of play and personal preparation dictate more to injuries, IMO, than anything a medical staff can do. 

It's just the easy out for most! If we were suffering soft tissue injuries at an absurd rate compared to the rest of the league that would be one thing. No Medical Staff can prevent ACL, Torn Groins, Achilles, Pecks, Shoulders, Backs, ect....

Hell maybe it's the Strenth and Condition Coaches that need to be addressed? We're just Snake Bit right now!

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's just the easy out for most! If we were suffering soft tissue injuries at an absurd rate compared to the rest of the league that would be one thing. No Medical Staff can prevent ACL, Torn Groins, Achilles, Pecks, Shoulders, Backs, ect....

Hell maybe it's the Strenth and Condition Coaches that need to be addressed? We're just Snake Bit right now!

I guess it’s just a combination of a lot of things. Maybe just too old of a roster. Carson plays reckless, WRs are on the older side, really no excuse for the CBs, Malik, Lane and Brooks are just “ish happens”? I dunno. I just don’t get that we have to fire a medical staff because we have injuries. Maybe they are awful, I have no idea. But I doubt they have anything directly correlated with it. 

3 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Well to be fair, were you excited when Frank Reich got hired? lol

I remember hating the hire.

Poster has a point.

counter to that is; QBs know QBs. I think it’s best to get a couple former guys on the staff. Bounce some ideas around.