2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Is it really dumb for me to think the medical staff has to go because we have a lot of injuries? I find it tough to swallow that our guys get hurt because of a couple guys in polo shirts are incapable. Lack of strength or stretching can lead to some soft tissue injuries I guess. But when we have crazy injuries I really don’t understand the issue with the medical staff. Is it really their fault? I doubt it. I guess it’s easy to blame someone for a ridiculous amount of injuries but how much is really preventable? Honestly. It’s just a convenient excuse. Style of play and personal preparation dictate more to injuries, IMO, than anything a medical staff can do. 

The injuries themselves are blameless occurrences. No medical staff in the history of this planet can predict when an injury is going to occur without any pre-existing evidence. However, once the injuries occur, the medical staff responsible for the rehabilitation and plan of care can be to blame for incompetence in their field. Although I would believe that any clinician being hired by a multi million (billion?) dollar organization would be more than competent, if not the most competent in their scope of practice.

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Is it really dumb for me to think the medical staff has to go because we have a lot of injuries? I find it tough to swallow that our guys get hurt because of a couple guys in polo shirts are incapable. Lack of strength or stretching can lead to some soft tissue injuries I guess. But when we have crazy injuries I really don’t understand the issue with the medical staff. Is it really their fault? I doubt it. I guess it’s easy to blame someone for a ridiculous amount of injuries but how much is really preventable? Honestly. It’s just a convenient excuse. Style of play and personal preparation dictate more to injuries, IMO, than anything a medical staff can do. 

I think if your team has a lot of similar injuries it tends to be linked to the staff, like we've had a lot of core/abdomen injuries and ankle sprains.

I think the former is linked to the staff, the latter is a little more the cost of football yeah.

It's weird that they hired a new medical lead and he just sat and monitored for a season before making changes.
Like couldn't they do some stuff last year?
At any rate we'll see how the new changes go I guess.

7 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I refuse to believe that it's a coincidence that the eagles have been one of the most injured teams in the NFL three years in a row. 

apparently they hired a new head doctor in like the middle of the season and he was going to make any changes he wanted after it ended.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

apparently they hired a new head doctor in like the middle of the season and he was going to make any changes he wanted after it ended.

I read this too. Hopefully he identified any issues with the current staff and makes any necessary amendments 

Edited by RBreezy

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Shurmur would be a great fit imo. He did well the last time he was here and was great for the Vikings. He has always been a good OC that isn't a good HC. He probably wants to call plays though which is an obvious issue.

is it bad i completely forgot he was here under chip? Guy was head coach before doug lol totally forgot he was here. 

https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2020/01/10-potential-candidates-for-vacant-philadelphia-eagles-offensive-coordinator-position.html

James Urban??

Urban is another branch of the Andy Reid coaching tree, and Urban spent 2004-2010 in Philadelphia, with the last two of those years coming as the team’s quarterbacks coach for Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick. Urban spent seven seasons coaching wide receivers in Cincinnati before heading to Baltimore where he’s worked under Greg Roman and played a key role in Lamar Jackson’s development into an MVP candidate. Urban and Pederson overlapped for two seasons under Reid, and Urban could bring a refreshing viewpoint to the Eagles.

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Shurmur would be a great fit imo. He did well the last time he was here and was great for the Vikings. He has always been a good OC that isn't a good HC. He probably wants to call plays though which is an obvious issue.

I think Kist has a point here.

Shurmur wouldn't be a bad hire though by any means. 

He should probably be a back-up option.

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Sanjay Lal as WR coach. Now. Get it done. No brainer. Absolute freaking no brainer.

His receivers definitely were running good routes and getting open, but they had a ton of drops last year. Think Dallas was probably bottom 3 or 5 in drop rate, but I could be wrong.

I think I'd weigh route running higher than drop rate for a WR coach, but its still something to look at.

But, yeah.... Sanjay would be a nice hire. I wouldn't mind interviewing other guys too though.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Shurmur's offense wouldn't be the same as the Chip years. Chip's offense was Chip's offense. Doug may have taken a couple of bits and bobs and included them in things he's done, but it's far from Chip's offense. I'm sure Shurmur also has bits and pieces of Chip's, but it's mostly something different more than likely.