Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Underwear SZN

Recommended Posts

Until Doug shows/says he's willing to relinquish play calling duties I think this is a moot discussion. 

He will get some young up & comer or a Beta type to help with practice and organization. 

The more interesting part is I think this also starts the clock on Doug, I'm sure this OC will be his choice but if the offense fails or Carson takes a step back this will fall on Doug's shoulders. 

How much time is on that clock, no idea, the SB helps. The lax approach is much like AR but at least AR can orchestrate an offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Until Doug shows/says he's willing to relinquish play calling duties I think this is a moot discussion. 

He will get some young up & comer or a Beta type to help with practice and organization. 

The more interesting part is I think this also starts the clock on Doug, I'm sure this OC will be his choice but if the offense fails or Carson takes a step back this will fall on Doug's shoulders. 

How much time is on that clock, no idea, the SB helps. The lax approach is much like AR but at least AR can orchestrate an offense. 

Except it's not though. The OC has a large part in drawing up the plays, working with all of the units and making a whole plethora of decisions alongside Doug. It's not like the sole responsibilities of the OC are playcalling. 

I am almost certain that the OC does the first 15 scripted plays for us based off things I've heard and results I've seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Is it really dumb for me to think the medical staff has to go because we have a lot of injuries? I find it tough to swallow that our guys get hurt because of a couple guys in polo shirts are incapable. Lack of strength or stretching can lead to some soft tissue injuries I guess. But when we have crazy injuries I really don’t understand the issue with the medical staff. Is it really their fault? I doubt it. I guess it’s easy to blame someone for a ridiculous amount of injuries but how much is really preventable? Honestly. It’s just a convenient excuse. Style of play and personal preparation dictate more to injuries, IMO, than anything a medical staff can do. 

I´m more about fire the training and conditioning staff, it can´t be a coincidence that when Chip invested heavily on the navy seals/ sport science guys we were one if not the healthiest team in the league, the falcons game seems to point into that unit being at fault too. 

What it looks like to be a big flaw of any medical staff here though is that they tend to misdiagnose injuries every year, a player is supposed to have something minor and ends up missing half the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Danger said:

Except it's not though. The OC has a large part in drawing up the plays, working with all of the units and making a whole plethora of decisions alongside Doug. It's not like the sole responsibilities of the OC are playcalling. 

I am almost certain that the OC does the first 15 scripted plays for us based off things I've heard and results I've seen. 

This is how Doug and Groh decided to operate it doesn't mean the next person is going to have that same level of responsibility. I don't recall seeing Reich early in games with a play sheet calling the first 15.

You maybe right, I think Doug sent in the first 15, but (Doug/Groh/etc) may have collaborated on the first 15.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Is it really dumb for me to think the medical staff has to go because we have a lot of injuries? I find it tough to swallow that our guys get hurt because of a couple guys in polo shirts are incapable. Lack of strength or stretching can lead to some soft tissue injuries I guess. But when we have crazy injuries I really don’t understand the issue with the medical staff. Is it really their fault? I doubt it. I guess it’s easy to blame someone for a ridiculous amount of injuries but how much is really preventable? Honestly. It’s just a convenient excuse. Style of play and personal preparation dictate more to injuries, IMO, than anything a medical staff can do. 

I think it has more to do with the strength and conditioning staff and the lack of youth on the team.. I'm 29 now and have grown up pretty athletic. While i'm still young, i'm finding it harder and harder to "keep up" with the 19-24 year olds playing sports. Philly put out one of the oldest teams in league for the 2019 season.. I believe that plays a big role... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

So, when do we plan to interview somebody?

That part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he first came up limping I started laughing because that meant Greg Ward was probably going to come in on a Home Playoff game to run the WC ala Ronnie Brown vs NE!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

When he first came up limping I started laughing because that meant Greg Ward was probably going to come in on a Home Playoff game to run the WC ala Ronnie Brown vs NE!

 

I thought he cramped in his arse. 

Off the bone? Dayum...

Edited by nlesthought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

So, when do we plan to interview somebody?

I suspect we might here of one or two this weekend during the pregame stuff.
Would be surprised if we don't have at least one interview by Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I suspect we might here of one or two this weekend during the pregame stuff.
Would be surprised if we don't have at least one interview by Wednesday.

Outside of Cleveland hasn't everyone filled their OC roles or is the Giants still open as well?

Think the reason they're in no hurry is because their main targets are employed already within the final 8. SF, KC, Balt Specifically! Now if all 3 advance this week, I'd look for permission to be asked for to these organizations. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Outside of Cleveland hasn't everyone filled their OC roles or is the Giants still open as well?

Think the reason they're in no hurry is because their main targets are employed already within the final 8. SF, KC, Balt Specifically! Now if all 3 advance this week, I'd look for permission to be asked for to these organizations. 

I think the main reason is because Laurie forced their hand so they didn´t have a backup plan or prospects lined up. But we are always slow when it comes to hiring so who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

 

I think the main reason is because Laurie forced their hand so they didn´t have a backup plan or prospects lined up. But we are always slow when it comes to hiring so who knows. 

I my doubts that Doug was forced to fire both at Luries request. His explanation the day afterwards made sense. Not saying he wasn't nudged in that direction but it's clear he didn't really want to speculate on the Staff especially at that time, but did anyways. Which was his mistake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

When he first came up limping I started laughing because that meant Greg Ward was probably going to come in on a Home Playoff game to run the WC ala Ronnie Brown vs NE!

 

I always though we should incorporate him more on the offense in trick plays kinda how the Saints utilize Taysom Hill.

It looked like we were trying to do that towards the end of the season, but the defense would just blow the play up. Might just need more practice? Hoping he stays on the team with a full offseason to work with.

Edited by DeJack_10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×