2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

The more we wait the more likely it is we are going to end up with and underwhelming hire and/or promote Deuce. 

This reminds me of the Juan Castillo hire so much. We waited an eternity to hire a DC and begged for Andy to look for someone outside of his coaching tree and he ended up doing that, and it also spelled the beginning of the end for his tenure here. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Plenty of decent potential OCs out there. 

Annnnd as I’m typing DiFilippo just got fired. Come on back home. 

I would love to have him back as QB coach.

I like how he fined QBs for bad body language, and it seems that Carson´s wasn´t very good when things went south. 

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would love to have him back as QB coach.

I like how he fined QBs for bad body language, and it seems that Carson´s wasn´t very good when things went south. 

I would like him back as QB coach too. He also played a key role in Minshew's development.

If he's coming back, it will be for OC. Have to admit I haven't kept up much with his playcalling in Minesotta or Jax, but his complaint apparently per @.Buzz is that he chose to ran HEAVILY. Not sure if that will necessarily be a bad thing, since Doug will call most plays anyway, we could use someone to open up some plays for Sanders + Howard(?) since DP loves to pass.

Personally I'm indifferent. If he gets hired for OC, I wont be mad. IF he doesn't get hired, there are still some options out there. I expect a decision closer to around when the AFC and NFC Championship games end.  

40 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

I would like him back as QB coach too. He also played a key role in Minshew's development.

If he's coming back, it will be for OC. Have to admit I haven't kept up much with his playcalling in Minesotta or Jax, but his complaint apparently per @.Buzz is that he chose to ran HEAVILY. Not sure if that will necessarily be a bad thing, since Doug will call most plays anyway, we could use someone to open up some plays for Sanders + Howard(?) since DP loves to pass.

Personally I'm indifferent. If he gets hired for OC, I wont be mad. IF he doesn't get hired, there are still some options out there. I expect a decision closer to around when the AFC and NFC Championship games end.  

?

Never said he chose to rain heavily, just that Vikings fans told us going into the hire that all he did was pass.

Just didn't really ever get in the groove of playcalling and didn't seem like he used Minshews strengths very often.

I don't think anyone was on the fire him bandwagon, but it was still underwhelming largely I felt like. He never really tailored the offense enough to Minshews strengths.

Edited by .Buzz

33 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

?

Never said he chose to rain heavily, just that Vikings fans told us going into the hire that all he did was run. Just didn't really ever get in the groove of playcalling and didn't seem like he used Minshews strengths very often.

I don't think anyone was on the fire him bandwagon, but it was still underwhelming largely I felt like. He never really tailored the offense enough to Minshews strengths.

50 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Im not upset about letting him go, but idk that anyone hated him here.

Just never got into the groove of playcalling it felt like. We definitely ran plenty which was what Vikings fans complained about, but he never impressed me.

I'm here for Jim Caldwell.

Fair enough, my mistake. Thanks for the input.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So is Corey Udlin going to Detroit to be their DC? That would suck but could of sworn that's what I just heard 8am on NFLN?

Personally, I'm not happy he left. I'm a Undlin fan and think he did excellent with what he was given to work with. We saw unexpected guys like Maddox & LeBlanc develop over the years and he never had an above average corner, IMO.

Undlin had success in Denver early in the No Fly Zone era and now has 2 SB rings. Speaks for itself.

However, as a DC, I wish him the best but don't see him being a good DC. Wonder why Patricia decided to go with Undlin for DC. His only experience as DC was with the California Luteran (2000–2001).