2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it’s probably just tack on the value they get each game. Certain guys that have performance based bonuses could be helped by it.

Any deals we have now and this offseason we shouldn’t get too worked up about though yeah. Cause that new CBA and influx of money is gonna make it all manageable.

Curious what they do for scheduling. I’ve long thought it’d be cool to have a cross conference rival and get to play more often. But now I think it’s probably best to just have it be any cross conference game, but can be any of the 16 teams. Would impact Conference tiebreakers the least aside from W-L and points.

But that’s give the league 16 neutral site games every year to play with. Which would allow them to try different international markets. With Jacksonville still having ties to London. You might be able to double dip and get 18 games out of it. Have a team play the Jags in London, then could play their “17th” game in Germany the next week before coming home for a bye.

Yeah that’s what I heard, that every team will play one neutral site game. Will be a HUGE win for international markets, which should net nfl more money since they’ll be more popular in other countries. Mexico, Canada ,and  London would be the spots I’m hearing. I would give London 8 games a year and the other 8 split between Canada and Mexico

Edited by DeSean Jackson

13 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Yeah that’s what I heard, that every team will play one neutral site game. Will be a HUGE win for international markets, which should net nfl more money since they’ll be more popular in other countries. Mexico, Canada ,and  London would be the spots I’m hearing. I would give London 8 games a year and the other 8 split between Canada and Mexico

Hopefully they get more ambitious. Germany really supported the NFL Europe teams back in the day, it'd be cool to see them reignite that.
Throw Paris a game and see how it does, go up to Scotland. 

But I also hope they keep a couple in their pocket to do stuff within the US. Throw Chargers vs Arizona to like Hawaii, or have the Eagles play the Steelers up at State College. Have the Lions play someone at Ann Arbor. Or go into markets like San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Portland that don't have a team.

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hopefully they get more ambitious. Germany really supported the NFL Europe teams back in the day, it'd be cool to see them reignite that.
Throw Paris a game and see how it does, go up to Scotland. 

But I also hope they keep a couple in their pocket to do stuff within the US. Throw Chargers vs Arizona to like Hawaii, or have the Eagles play the Steelers up at State College. Have the Lions play someone at Ann Arbor. Or go into markets like San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Portland that don't have a team.

Expansion? Or just moving teams around like the Globetrotters? 

14 hours ago, nlesthought said:

For a team that was above avg vs the run he had to play decently considering he played all 16 games. He might have missed his share of tackles but I’m sure his pct is higher than you expect. This is the most amount of snaps he’s had since he was drafted. I think he will get better

That's like saying "man Carson threw for 4000 yards, receivers must have been amazing! "

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Fair enough

I can't get behind this statement that TJ Edwards was our best LB he played 112 snaps this season. He played sparingly in all16 games and still was behind Zach Brown in tackles who played 6. He played 21 snaps vs Dallas the first time around 3 tackles. 

TJ has potential but that hyperbole is just wow. 

Not hyperbole at all. In his given snaps TJ played better than any other linebacker, that's a fact. It's not at all crazy to say all our linebackers underperformed and Edwards in limited snaps played at a higher level. The player who played at the highest level is the best. 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

TJ Edwards an UDFA was our best lineback this past season?

Jesus Christ, we really need to step back and rethink how we value roster construction.

I agree but also sometimes really good football players go undrafted becausepeople value athletic ability over actual football skill. London Fletcher was playing at a high level as an UDFA in his rookie year with the rams before becoming their starter next year and being a perennial pro bowler and one of the most underrated linebackers in NFL history. Phillip Lindsay was a pro bowler last season ase an UDFA, 

31 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Expansion? Or just moving teams around like the Globetrotters? 

Nah just for these 16 extra games we're getting if they pass the 17 game schedule.

I don't think we'll see expansion for a long time. And who knows where the game will be by then.
If it grows internationally and we can start getting international players, then maybe we'd have enough to add teams.

It sucks though cause 32 is perfect for numbers, and would need to add 8 teams to (2 new divisions of 4 to each conference) to keep it that way. 
Though I guess you could add 4, get to 36, then get rid of a division and do 6 divisions of 6. Which could be something like...

• Dallas
  • NYG
  • WAS
  • Philly
  • Toronto
  • Carolina

• Minnesota
  • GB
  • Detroit
  • Chicago
  • Buffalo
  • Cleveland

• Seahawks
  • Rams
  • Arizona
  • San Fran
  • San Antonio
  • St Louis

• New England
  • NYJ
  • Miami
  • Jags
  • London
  • Atlanta

• Steelers
  • Bengals
  • Ravens
  • Colts
  • Titans
  • Bucs

• Saints
  • Denver
  • Vegas
  • KC
  • LAC
  • OKC/Mexico City

though it might make more sense scheduling wis to add another London team, or put one in Germany and put them in the same division as the Jags and 1st London team. That way you can schedule more road trips overseas for teams. 

2 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

That's like saying "man Carson threw for 4000 yards, receivers must have been amazing! "

Not hyperbole at all. In his given snaps TJ played better than any other linebacker, that's a fact. It's not at all crazy to say all our linebackers underperformed and Edwards in limited snaps played at a higher level. The player who played at the highest level is the best. 

I agree but also sometimes really good football players go undrafted becausepeople value athletic ability over actual football skill. London Fletcher was playing at a high level as an UDFA in his rookie year with the rams before becoming their starter next year and being a perennial pro bowler and one of the most underrated linebackers in NFL history. Phillip Lindsay was a pro bowler last season ase an UDFA, 

Enlighten me, how is this fact? 

7 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I’m only resigning peters if he will play guard. Time to start Dillard. Dillard, Peters, Kelce, brooks, lane :x

Seomalu played quite well toward the end of the season, his athleticism made him a huge part of the run and screen game, was always getting to the next level.

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Enlighten me, how is this fact? 

I mean watching games he was better than the rest,  but if you would like statistical analysis

First of all if you dont follow this fella on twitter, do so. Great follow for any Birds fan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1208074983555129345

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1192805088387125249

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1207329299642167296

On Gerry being bad

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1208063861737377794

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1214604412162891776

Bradham

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1214563400602152960

And as much as a love hate relationship I have with PFF, Edward's graded ott on their scale of 1-100 at 86.6. Bradham with a 64.7, Gerry with a 59.5, and KGH with a 60.1.

35 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

No brainer for them. He would've been a nice replacement for Jenkins if we decided to move on from him. 

Or McLeod
Hopefully we take a look at Tre Boston
Or trade Ertz for Jamal Adams

Edited by Jeezla