2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Or McLeod
Hopefully we take a look at Tre Boston
Or trade Ertz for Jamal Adams

I think you're getting ahead of yourself with the Ertz trade,  especially for Adams who if the jets are smart will try at all costs to rebuild the relationship.

Like Boston a lot however. 

Also hoping for Winfield Jr to fail to us in round 2

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we sign a high value WR in FA. Firstly, Alshon probably won't be back until mid season, if he's even here at all. He's a non factor when it comes to player acquisition. DeSean is what 33, injury prone and won't be here much longer. JJ is a non factor and is a bonus if he turns into anything. Greg Ward will compete for the slot and I feel is a solid starter for you there, but he is another non factor for player acquisition at the WR position. On top of all of that, I don't feel like this front office and coaching staff would rely on a 1st or 2nd round pick to come in and start right away and produce quality results. I'm not saying we don't draft one high, what I am saying is that I don't feel like they'll rely solely on a draft pick to come in and be our guy. I firmly believe that'll come from free agency. Robby Anderson I think is the guy. 27 years old and we've had interest 2 years in a row at the trade deadline. Go get him Howie.

52 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we sign a high value WR in FA. Firstly, Alshon probably won't be back until mid season, if he's even here at all. He's a non factor when it comes to player acquisition. DeSean is what 33, injury prone and won't be here much longer. JJ is a non factor and is a bonus if he turns into anything. Greg Ward will compete for the slot and I feel is a solid starter for you there, but he is another non factor for player acquisition at the WR position. On top of all of that, I don't feel like this front office and coaching staff would rely on a 1st or 2nd round pick to come in and start right away and produce quality results. I'm not saying we don't draft one high, what I am saying is that I don't feel like they'll rely solely on a draft pick to come in and be our guy. I firmly believe that'll come from free agency. Robby Anderson I think is the guy. 27 years old and we've had interest 2 years in a row at the trade deadline. Go get him Howie.

We're spending around 24 million between D Jax and Alshon. I highly doubt we add another 10-15m to the WR group by bringing in AJ Green/Amari Cooper/Robby Anderson.
We're more likely to spend our FA cash on CB, S, LB, DL, and backup QB.

We'll probably bring in some mid-tier guy, like Geronimo Allison/Demarcus Robinson (Probably not putting up those stats without Mahoney)/Keelan Cole/Tajae Sharpe. Could also see us going after Breshad Perriman, but we'll try to low ball him and he'll end up signing with a division rival.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We're spending around 24 million between D Jax and Alshon. I highly doubt we add another 10-15m to the WR group by bringing in AJ Green/Amari Cooper/Robby Anderson.

We'll probably bring in some mid-tier guy, like Geronimo Allison/Demarcus Robinson (Probably not putting up those stats without Mahoney)/Keelan Cole/Tajae Sharpe. Could also see us going after Breshad Perriman, but we'll try to low ball him and he'll end up signing with a division rival.

I have always like Tajae Sharpe. He is a decent slot player. 

Potential FA Want List

1 Chris Jones DT

2 Javon Hargrave DT
3 Byron Jones CB
4 AJ Green WR
5 Robby Anderson WR
6 Matt Judon DE
7 Kendall Fuller CB (Slot)
8 Tre Boston S
9 James Bradberry CB 
10 Chris Harris Jr CB (He's old, but he's still better than anything we have, for at least 1 more season)
11 Cory Littleton LB
12 Breshad Perriman WR
13 Karl Joseph S
14 Andrew Billings DT
15 Quinton Jefferson DT

Don't want Amari

Didn't list Justin Simmons, because I'm almost positive he's getting tagged, or he'd be #2.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I like Allison and Perriman both young, I think both can stretch the field and both wouldn't break the bank considering their history. 

21 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I mean watching games he was better than the rest,  but if you would like statistical analysis

First of all if you dont follow this fella on twitter, do so. Great follow for any Birds fan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1208074983555129345

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1192805088387125249

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1207329299642167296

On Gerry being bad

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1208063861737377794

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1214604412162891776

Bradham

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1214563400602152960

And as much as a love hate relationship I have with PFF, Edward's graded ott on their scale of 1-100 at 86.6. Bradham with a 64.7, Gerry with a 59.5, and KGH with a 60.1.

I finally got around to watching these...curious where is his sources on these stats? He counting them himself? Paying for PFF? 

The TJ Edwards clips were great analysis. I still need more regarding Gerry to write him off.