2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So who else have we lost as Coaches and where did they go?

OC: Groh

QB: Walch

DB: Udlin

DL: Daniels

WR: ?

Not saying most wasn't needed or could be upgraded but doesn't 5 new Coaches seem like a lot?

Walch was the WR coach...QB coach is still on staff as of right now. 

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How would everybody feel about replacing McLeod with Tre Boston? He's younger, probably cheaper or equal in pay, and more productive in significantly less games started. Not saying I want this to happen, just saying there are other options if no McLeod.

I want this to happen

Schwartz safeties require skill sets it seems. Rodney was mostly just single high all year while Jenkins was moved all around but mostly close to the line of scrimmage. Whether it was LBing or sticking TEs and slots. I hope whoever we bring in is ready and able for that task. A fast, good zone safety is what I’d require for that Rodney role. I desperately wanted honey badger last year. I thought he’d fit in perfectly here in that Jenkins role and he probably would have. But the defense is really good when Jenkins, or that position is playing well. Need to be careful who we bring in. I think you can replace McCleod. I don’t think you can just replace Jenkins. It’s going to take a pretty special player. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Schwartz safeties require skill sets it seems. Rodney was mostly just single high all year while Jenkins was moved all around but mostly close to the line of scrimmage. Whether it was LBing or sticking TEs and slots. I hope whoever we bring in is ready and able for that task. A fast, good zone safety is what I’d require for that Rodney role. I desperately wanted honey badger last year. I thought he’d fit in perfectly here in that Jenkins role and he probably would have. But the defense is really good when Jenkins, or that position is playing well. Need to be careful who we bring in. I think you can replace McCleod. I don’t think you can just replace Jenkins. It’s going to take a pretty special player. 

His name is Antoine Winfield Jr. Sign Tre Boston to replace McLeod, draft Winfield Jr. to replace Jenkins.

Edited by Jeezla

I don’t think it’s feasible to replace both. Schwartz requires too much from his safeties to let 2 new guys walk in and start automatically. Rod can go but I feel Jenk is coming back on what’s going to be essentially a 2 year deal. Drafting Winfield would be great but he’s not going to start right away.  

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t think it’s feasible to replace both. Schwartz requires too much from his safeties to let 2 new guys walk in and start automatically. Rod can go but I feel Jenk is coming back on what’s going to be essentially a 2 year deal. Drafting Winfield would be great but he’s not going to start right away.  

Pretty much. I highly doubt Schwartz can ask or assume a Rookie will play Every Single Snap on Defense,  two years straight.  No breaks,  no breathers, Every Snap.  

Sad how Underrated he is with some of you given the Utility Knife he is for Schwartz  Defense! The only singular constant for 3 years.

14 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

If corners like his dad and Sheldon Brown played today in an era where people care about metrics more than interceptions they'd be perennial all pros

Absolutely hilarious that interceptions used to be the end all be all factor that casuals looked at when judging corners back in the day because no one bothered to quantify their play in any more significant meaningful way.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:47 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

How would everybody feel about replacing McLeod with Tre Boston? He's younger, probably cheaper or equal in pay, and more productive in significantly less games started. Not saying I want this to happen, just saying there are other options if no McLeod.

Not a bad idea. 

Would be probably a decent amount less $ than trying to sign Anthony Harris.

Saw an article saying that supposedly Eagles were discussing an extension with McLeod during the season, so they may bring him back.