2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

Like @EaglesFan5-36-81 said though.... I'd be cool if McLeod came back at a reasonable price.

He's not a great player, but he's solid to good usually.

McLeod isn't as old as Jenkins, but he is gonna be 30 years old this off-season and he plays free safety and has to cover the deep end unlike Jenkins.

I don't want to sign him to a deal that is too long and want to be able to get out without a bad cap hit if we need to.

Edit: One of Jenkins or McLeod is probably not here in 2020.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Like @EaglesFan5-36-81 said though.... I'd be cool if McLeod came back at a reasonable price.

He's not a great player, but he's solid to good usually.

McLeod isn't as old as Jenkins, but he is gonna be 30 years old this off-season and he plays free safety and has to cover the deep end unlike Jenkins.

I don't want to sign him to a deal that is too long and want to be able to get out without a bad cap hit if we need to.

Edit: One of Jenkins or McLeod is probably not here in 2020.

I dont think jenkins had a great year and I kind of dont want him back. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think jenkins had a great year and I kind of dont want him back. 

I remember you saying something similar about an Aging Brian Dawkins too. Then we found out just how pitiful his replacements were, until Jenkins!

We can't find any player in the secondary to play16 straight games on Defense these days and some of you want Malcolm gone? Mindboggling to me.

Every snap for 2 straight years, almost 3 straight? He's basically an extension of Schwartz on the field. Your guys are nuts!

Now does that mean don't draft or bring in competition,  of course not.  However Malcolm Jenkins  is the least of our worries!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I remember you saying something similar about an Aging Brian Dawkins too. Then we found out just how pitiful his replacements were, until Jenkins!

We can't find any player in the secondary to play16 straight games on Defense these days and some of you want Malcolm gone? Mindboggling to me.

Every snap for 2 straight years, almost 3 straight? He's basically an extension of Schwartz on the field. Your guys are nuts!

Now does that mean don't draft or bring in competition,  of course not.  However Malcolm Jenkins  is the least of our worries!

i feel like almost all of this last years woes can be pointed at the team not striving to get younger and holding onto older guys too long. 

So yeah let's not make the same mistakes. 

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah whoever wants Jenkins gone is suffering from grass is always greener syndrome. To go from Jenkins to some replacement in one off season is absolutely the wrong move.

It's not that I want him gone, but at this point he's giving the Eagles an ultimatum. If he won't play under his current deal, then giving him an extension and a raise to someone of his age is not a wise decision.

I think he's the cornerstone of the defense and the secondary, we don't know what life is like without him. I don't think I want to find out without an admirable replacement ready to take the reigns. His responsibilities are so expansive, that I feel like it would take an understudy a year of training and practicing behind him to prepare to take over.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think he's the cornerstone of the defense and the secondary, we don't know what life is like without him. I don't think I want to find out without an admirable replacement ready to take the reigns. His responsibilities are so expansive, that I feel like it would take an understudy a year of training and practicing behind him to prepare to take over.

That's not an option. He's given us the ultimatum of requiring a new deal. He'd be getting a deal that guarantees at least 2, probably 3 seasons if we elect to go that route. His current deal is up after this season, and frankly I'm not willing to give him money beyond 2021.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

That's not an option. He's given us the ultimatum of requiring a new deal. He'd be getting a deal that guarantees at least 2, probably 3 seasons if we elect to go that route. His current deal is up after this season, and frankly I'm not willing to give him money beyond 2021.

I don't think Malcolm is the typical old dude player y'all are trying to move on from. He's an absolute Iron man out there. I'd give him a 2 year deal. Who the Hell is gonna replace him on this short of notice? If we had someone or could acquire someone to do so I'd be fine letting him go. But we don't and I don't think there's anybody out there to replace him this quickly.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Disappointing Harrell doesn’t want the job. 

You assume it's not the other way around? It was an interview of a College OC with no NFL experience,  he was never offered the Job to my knowledge?

Hell I'm glad.

Unfortunately though I still think Doug's wanting to interview Kafka but is not trying to rock the KC train right now. He wants more of the KC Playbook/ Ideas IMO which isn't a bad thing but can be achieved through tape as well.

Still going James Urban, Kafka or someone not mentioned yet from the 49ers Staff to bring over Kyle's playbook/schemes!!

14 hours ago, Danger said:

Maybe Howie can do his magic and give him a 2 year deal. Front load it obviously and have a bail out on the 2nd if he face plants. Another option is call his bluff. We own his rights so if he wants to sit then sit

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You assume it's not the other way around? It was an interview of a College OC with no NFL experience,  he was never offered the Job to my knowledge?

Hell I'm glad.

Unfortunately though I still think Doug's wanting to interview Kafka but is not trying to rock the KC train right now. He wants more of the KC Playbook/ Ideas IMO which isn't a bad thing but can be achieved through tape as well.

Still going James Urban, Kafka or someone not mentioned yet from the 49ers Staff to bring over Kyle's playbook/schemes!!

Urban has already decided to stay with the Ravens