2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Urban has already decided to stay with the Ravens

Kafka may be blocked due to the possibility of him replacing Bienamy on the premise of him being promoted once Bienamy becomes a head coach, but it seems Bienamy isn't being hired this off season so I don't know if that's going to fly or not.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

Kafka may be blocked due to the possibility of him replacing Bienamy on the premise of him being promoted once Bienamy becomes a head coach, but it seems Bienamy isn't being hired this off season so I don't know if that's going to fly or not.

Was listening to Mosher & Adam Caplan

According to them, Andy really doesn’t like blocking guys since he did it here (I think to Spags the first time)

But he might do it because Kafka is in charge of putting together/finalizing the whole gameplan in KC. A lot more of the passing game, whereas Bienamy does a lot more of the run game coordination.

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Does anyone else not want Kafka? What good does our andy reid disciple coach choosing another andy reid disciple coach do to help us expand our offense?

Nothing?

I think base level, adding anyone smart with good game planning helps. Which people claim he is. But yeah need new ideas from schemes that will benefit Carson more.

Kafka and anyone heavily WCO don’t move the needle. If he does do large parts of the passing attack in KC though, he hopefully would bring the downfield passing attack...we just need the players to execute it.

Anyone who likes pre-snap motion, getting Carson on the move would be the ideal preference. 

But I’m starting to think the Eagles are going with the senior consultant and young OC route and none of them are down to being 3rd in line and not calling plays.

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Am I the only one who think Jim Caldwell is overrated? Dude is only known because Peyton was good. TBH

I want us to poach from Frank Reich. Screw the Reid tree. Give me the Frank Reich tree. Whoever the colts TE coach is- give me that guy.

Colts will be very good if they draft one of the better RB's and sign Dalton or Rivers or Teddy or Brady

Edited by Jeezla

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Am I the only one who think Jim Caldwell is overrated? Dude is only known because Peyton was good. TBH

Who’s better though (that’d come here)

I mean he got a Super Bowl MVP streak out of Joe Flacco and Stafford had some of his better years under Jim if I’m remembering right.

Yeah Peyton is Peyton, but you’d have to think he had something to do with them becoming elite and actually finally winning in the Playoffs and staying on top of the AFC. His time coincides with that.

I think Jim has flaws, many similar to Andy. Great thing about this role is all lot of that gets taken away. He won’t be able to call questionable timeouts, Doug/analytics pushes his calmness.

it’s getting to be a week from Prom and we don’t have a date. And clearly we are not pulling any of the hot names.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I mean he got a Super Bowl MVP streak out of Joe Flacco and Stafford had some of his better years under Jim if I’m remembering right.

Yeah Peyton is Peyton, but you’d have to think he had something to do with them becoming elite and actually finally winning in the Playoffs and staying on top of the AFC. His time coincides with that.

I think Jim has flaws, many similar to Andy. Great thing about this role is all lot of that gets taken away. He won’t be able to call questionable timeouts, Doug/analytics pushes his calmness.

it’s getting to be a week from Prom and we don’t have a date. And clearly we are not pulling any of the hot names.

All the hot names know the itinerary and if they're a Texas 8 I don't want anything to do with them. 

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I want us to poach from Frank Reich. Screw the Reid tree. Give me the Frank Reich tree. Whoever the colts TE coach is- give me that guy.

Jason Michael

As coach:

Worth mentioning he has some OC experience.

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think having a guy with so much experience like Caldwell will only help Doug grow even more as a head coach. We'd be bringing in a guy with championship pedigree UNDER Doug, with actual OC & HC experience. I think Jim has so much too offer as an OC and to me looks like the best candidate available.

Dolphins apparently just announced he's not returning to the team, maybe we interview him soon?

Edited by DeJack_10
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Worth mentioning he has some OC experience.

Yeah hard pass, the dude was straight up demoted and Mariota never developed under him.