2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Since Bienemy didn't get a HC job does that mean they're going co-coordinators? That kind puts a lame status on Bienemy IMO. 

Sounds like another reason to hire a senior advisor, promote Duce to OC (whom I'm guessing is the "run coordinator") and hire a good WR coach. 

Stoutland has been the run coordinator the last few years though.
We could still do that but would be a change.

Like I've said before, we all love Duce...but think we overrate exactly what he does here.
That's not to say he couldn't be great at it. But he's not shown anything that makes you think..."Oh yeah he'll help turn this offense into a more downfield attacking one"

Jags interviewed Gruden a couple days ago. 

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wonder if Doug is sabotaging the interview process because he just wants to hire someone he already has on staff.

It's outright ridiculous the fact that we can't get even a decent person in here.

He could be because it will become a situation where he's not praised if the offense takes off. Coaches have egos too. I know I do. 

EDIT: He's already limiting his pool by pigeon-holing them to "pass-game coordinator/OC"

Edited by nlesthought

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I wonder if Doug is sabotaging the interview process because he just wants to hire someone he already has on staff.

It's outright ridiculous the fact that we can't get even a decent person in here.

supposedly the FO is more involved this time (Geoff Mosher)

So hopefully that would be weeded out quick.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He can't go anywhere as a OC with a lateral type move unless given a different title I guess? Nor should he honestly.

But for all intents and purposes that's what the reports are suggesting as to why Reid is basically saying he'll block Kafka interviewing. BECAUSE Bienemy would go elsewhere to take another OC position. He's blocking Kafka from leaving because Bienemy is expected to. If Bienemy isn't going anywhere then it'd be a major disservice to Kafka to block him from leaving.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

But for all intents and purposes that's what the reports are suggesting as to why Reid is basically saying he'll block Kafka interviewing. BECAUSE Bienemy would go elsewhere to take another OC position. He's blocking Kafka from leaving because Bienemy is expected to. If Bienemy isn't going anywhere then it'd be a major disservice to Kafka to block him from leaving.

Andy blocking probably has more to do with him limiting any and all distractions before the most important game of all 3 of their careers! 

Why have those coaches, those players and the 24/7 media questions during Media day as a distraction? That has never made sense to me unless said Coordinator is becoming a HC somewhere else. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who should of the Eagles of hired exactly that was just brought on by another staff, I'm curious? You guys overreacting because this process or the lack of information being leaked is not on your time line is funny to me.

What's the rush?

I would argue the rush is by waiting you're getting the leftover options vs those that actually may be good. There are potentially 2 other gigs out there still. If you wait to hire Caldwell why doesn't he go to MN/Jax. Who else are we linked to that has some pedigree? The same with WR coach, you don't give a 2nd rate WR coach (ahem Walch) the gig if he brings nothing to the table, if he doesn't enhance your staff.  

EDIT: Its not my timeline at all...but there should definitely be a timeline

Edited by nlesthought

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

He could resign and sign with Jaguars/Vikings right? (I believe he coached in Minny, not 100% on that) 

I guess? does that happen that often?
Feel like that's some kind of breach though. Like he'd have to wait out his contract 

Reid would probably just give his blessing for him to go before it'd come to that.

Just now, nlesthought said:

I was just thinking of ways he could go around the league rule (if that is indeed a league rule). 

He could but would have to wait until after his contract was up if I had to guess, before he could get a new gig.

Reportedly EB isn't as big of an influence in KC as people think, and that Kafka does way more.
So i think Andy would be fine letting EB walk to improve his resume to retain Kafka and elevate him.

And we don't make sense Bieniemy because we already have a pretty good running coordination group with Stoutland being assisted by Duce.

I just refuse to believe there isn't a plan or 2-3 targeted Coaches. Whether on your radar or the masses.

I haven't seen 1 coach that made me say, Man wish we got him. He should of been priority #1 at all cost.

At the same time, as I mentioned before. No one that Was or is Play caller OC would want to take this job, why would they? So the search in itself is already limited. Some of those Must have you guys are freaking out about, were really never an option because they were never calling plays in Philadelphia. 

Despite the Culture, Ownership and Success of the Franchise this isn't the ideal OC landing Spot for most. That's just the Facts!