2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Yeah hard pass, the dude was straight up demoted and Mariota never developed under him.

You can't shine a turd. He was demoted after 2 seasons, and those were Mariota's first 2 seasons. He was the scapegoat for the turd never turning into a butterfly, but he resurrected Eric Ebron into a pro bowl TE and now he has knowledge of the Reich. Bring him here.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:
5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There was much chance of Gruden joining our staff as the Clapper. Glad he went to the Jags!

I'd take Gruden over Caldwell.

Caldwell has sat out of work an entire year and might be looking to open a door! Jay was never ever taking a OC job in Title only, Meaning Not calling plays!!

Like Garrett neither were ever even in conversation to being added IMO!

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I just refuse to believe there isn't a plan or 2-3 targeted Coaches. Whether on your radar or the masses.

I haven't seen 1 coach that made me say, Man wish we got him. He should of been priority #1 at all cost.

At the same time, as I mentioned before. No one that Was or is Play caller OC would want to take this job, why would they? So the search in itself is already limited. Some of those Must have you guys are freaking out about, were really never an option because they were never calling plays in Philadelphia. 

Despite the Culture, Ownership and Success of the Franchise this isn't the ideal OC landing Spot for most. That's just the Facts!

We understand that the OC title here is just a title. The real question is why is it just a title? Why can't someone with a winning pedigree come in and take over PC duties? its not like we had consecutive years of high powered offense. McVay was the playcaller in LA but he hired Kevin O'Connell and hasn't said whether he would give up PC duties to O'Connell...If DP is not willing to relinquish PC duties it will have to be someone that wants to be here. So far no one has expressed that feeling. 

The Vikings OC gig is a better landing spot.    

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

We understand that the OC title here is just a title. The real question is why is it just a title? Why can't someone with a winning pedigree come in and take over PC duties? its not like we had consecutive years of high powered offense. McVay was the playcaller in LA but he hired Kevin O'Connell and hasn't said whether he would give up PC duties to O'Connell...If DP is not willing to relinquish PC duties it will have to be someone that wants to be here. So far no one has expressed that feeling. 

The Vikings OC gig is a better landing spot.    

OC is not just a title, just because someone doesn't handle primarily playcalling duties doesn't mean they don't have added responsibilities that come with being an OC. Yes the Vikings spot is likely more desirable because of the full playcalling responsibilities.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

OC is not just a title, just because someone doesn't handle primarily playcalling duties doesn't mean they don't have added responsibilities that come with being an OC. Yes the Vikings spot is likely more desirable because of the full playcalling responsibilities.

Yeah I read some of the things Reich was responsible for it doesn't mean those things ex. team game planning, 3rd down/ RZ -in-game responsibilities are going to come to life on Sundays. Doug probably spends most of his time on that side of the ball. We don't know what Doug is looking for in terms of a pass-game coordinator. Is he looking to stretch the field and get away from the dink and dunk. Is he looking for efficiency within the offense, RZ ideas, innovative ways to bring out the best in Carson?  Looking at who we been connected to thus far: 

Harrell 

USC top 6 in passing yards game, link to Leach who was been linked to AR

Kafka

KC and AR link 

Urban

AR link, helped Ravens turn around LJackson 

The only link I'm seeing is someone who's been around or influenced by AR in some capacity. Not saying that is a bad thing just saying synergy within the staff seems to be as important as ability to do the job.  

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

How in the heck is Graham Harrell linked to Andy Reid?

I don't care who they are linked to, we've looked at 3 good candidates, and none of them took the job. That's painful.

Harrell played for and then worked with Leach for two seasons as WR coach...Leach learned his "Air Raid" system from Lavelle Edwards at BYU where Andy Reid played/coached. 

Kevin Bacon game lol 

Edited by nlesthought