2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Because of his scouting service? 

Yes, he has one. But he was also a GM. He was used as a consultant. I think we’re both assuming more or less than he did. But I’m sure he was in on a few decisions that’s resulted in some moves that ultimately won us a super bowl. I don’t think you can just discount anyone that was on staff that year because you feel like it. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yes, he has one. But he was also a GM. He was used as a consultant. I think we’re both assuming more or less than he did. But I’m sure he was in on a few decisions that’s resulted in some moves that ultimately won us a super bowl. I don’t think you can just discount anyone that was on staff that year because you feel like it. 

He was just a draft consultant so he probably just sent in his reports about players. 

He's just got a complex about being forgotten,  that's all. All anyone ever talks about is Foles Da God, Wentz is Jesus and forget or could care less how he pretty much carried this Franchise with **** on Offense for over a decade.

What he doesn't realize is the more he runs his mouth , the dumber he looks. Like Farve in the early years post GB and Rodgers. He learned to let it go and now is really good friends and beloved again. Just let it die, except the fact you never won the SB and that Wentz might just have one himself as a Eagle before it's all said and done!

• Like 1

He never resonated as a Philly type guy. We didn’t connect with him at all. He thought eagles fans booing the pick at the draft meant we were booing him and that stuck in his crawl forever. Always had a complex about it. Same way we booed Billy Wagner when he didn’t reach 100 mph on the speed gun. He just didn’t get that it wasn’t about him. We were sore about not getting Ricky Williams. I think ALL of us would agree we made the right decision drafting 5 and we were wrong. He was tough, had a lot of success but he’s not revered as he should be among the likes of Dawk, Chase Utley, Iverson etc. Those guys embodied us. They played and talked and acted like we would if we were playing. McNabb player air guitar and failed in big moments. We just couldn’t embrace that guy. And he’s been forever salty about it. Some guys get it, some don’t. That TO debacle was a microcosm of McNabb. 

• Like 2