2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Wouldn't $156.25 million per team be less than it already is?

it's in addition to what is already there.

though dumping the whole $156m into the cap wouldn't happen. Likely some of that $5 billion will be going towards a pension plan and health care for former players.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

it's in addition to what is already there.

though dumping the whole $156m into the cap wouldn't happen. Likely some of that $5 billion will be going towards a pension plan and health care for former players.

I don't buy $5B being 1.5% of revenue.  That would mean the league makes $333B a year. Which I don't care how optimistic you are, that doesn't sound right.

~$10B profit per team. Yeaaaaah. The teams' net worth kinda debunks this.

Edited by Danger

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't buy $5B being 1.5% of revenue.  That would mean the league makes $333B a year. Which I don't care how optimistic you are, that doesn't sound right.

Yeah it did seem very high

wonder if it’s just over the course of the deal then,  Would be around $16-20 mil extra per year.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Isn't the 5B over 10 years ( life of the CBA) meaning an extra 500M a year per Club? NFL making 16B a year in Revenue? Honestly could see that Rediculous number being achieved!

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Isn't the 5B over 10 years ( life of the CBA) meaning an extra 500M a year per Club? NFL making 16B a year in Revenue? Honestly could see that Rediculous number being achieved!

16 billion right now, add another week and another playoff game with the tv contracts coming I can see it being 20 billion in 2022 which should boost cap up to 250-260 mill

Edited by DeSean Jackson

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not a 1% salary increase. They get 1% more of the total revenue with or without the 17th game. The 17th game gets them an additional half percent of the revenue share.

If the current revenue adds an extra week to it, you're looking at. (17/16)*(48.5/47) Which is about a 9.6% increase in players' total funds. However the 17/16 may not be 100% accurate due to the playoffs skewing it a bit, so I think realistically you'd be looking at 8% more total for the players. Additionally, they're proposing minimums go up significantly and each year.

Overall assuming those numbers, we'd see the Salary cap jump from ~201M to ~220M

@Kiltman This is just my rough math. This years salary cap is already set in stone. So I don't think it would come into play until next year? Assuming relatively linear growth the cap's been going up by about $10M a year on it's own. So ~211M * 109.6%, cap should be roughly $231,256,000 in 2021 if the players accept this CBA proposal with the 17th game. If they don't take the 17th game, it'd be somewhere around $215,489,000

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

If we do pay slay top money, and I had to pick which position to pay top money on between a safety/cb I'd go after another corner. Safties can come cheap in Jims scheme, and we can draft somebody. Having Byron Jones and Slay as our corners will give our guys so much time to rush the passer and will automatically help our safties. Think the jags 2017, pass rush/cbs. That was their philosophy and it worked. What we do is dare the qb to throw outside as our safties take over the middle of the field, as you notice we rarely ever get beat in the middle it's always outside. But, that hasn't worked out very well since our corners couldn't handle one v one coverage and with two high prized corners we will be able to. Coverage is KEY to a pass rush and vice versa but only one is doing it's job. In this scenario I would allocate Jenkins money to slay, and sign Jones. Jenkins will help us move up in the draft. Have maddox take over jenkins position as that hybrid/slot position which normally covers the TE. Resign Mcleod to a 5 mill deal. Safties- Maddox,Mcleod. Corners- Slay, Jones, Leblanc. My trade for slay will be 3rd plus one of Sidney Jones or Douglas. This free agency is CRUCIAL, and we need to capitalize on this since this is more than likely the last free agency before the new CBA/TV deals. This can be the opportunity to get players for cheap before the cap rockets when the new cba hit. I'm using all my resources on the defense in free agency and then offense fill with youth in the draft.  

16 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Prince just got released. Taylor is intriguing as a Nelson replacement, but I don't know if hes that much of an upgrade over Ward. Would love to have prince as our number 2 corner 

Neither of them is going to really change this team in any significant way. Maybe If they're stupid cheap they'll get consideration.