2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Am I remembering right that they used to add former players into the coaches pool?

I vaguely remember having one of our former guys on defense after Andy retired in the late 2020s.

I loved getting past the McNabb era and building a dynasty in Madden 2007-

Yea, all the retired guys would end up in the coaches pool. I always remembered picking up Keenan McCardell for some reason. lol 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Plus slay makes a lot of sense if the lions are realistic in his value. 

Although I’m in support of any move that makes Jalen Mills a former Eagle, there are too many moving parts on making a deal for Slay.  He’d have to be a sign-and-trade, which basically makes him a FA+draft capital cost.  He’s probably looking for even more money than the current FA CB are seeking.

I don’t see him being worth anything more than a 4th round pick given his contract situation, plus he’s almost 30.  I’d prefer the Eagles exhaust FA first.

3 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Although I’m in support of any move that makes Jalen Mills a former Eagle, there are too many moving parts on making a deal for Slay.  He’d have to be a sign-and-trade, which basically makes him a FA+draft capital cost.  He’s probably looking for even more money than the current FA CB are seeking.

I don’t see him being worth anything more than a 4th round pick given his contract situation, plus he’s almost 30.  I’d prefer the Eagles exhaust FA first.

I'd offer them the nick foles comp pick for him let them get the third round comp pick 2 years early if they dont want that for him they can keep him.

I know we have Sanders and Scott but thoughts on a possible Salary Dump/ Player for Player type trade with the Jets.

Alshon for LeVeon

Curious if that is even plausible for either sides? Both teams get rid of Players they dont want, fill a need swap Cap numbers?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know we have Sanders and Scott but thoughts on a possible Salary Dump/ Player for Player type trade with the Jets.

Alshon for LeVeon

Curious if that is even plausible for either sides? Both teams get rid of Players they dont want, fill a need swap Cap numbers?

I'm all in for extra playmakers. Yes we have Sanders n scott but the way injuries are around here , why not lol. Leveon can slide into a WR position here and there too. He was a great WR in Pittsburgh when he would lineup out there. 

Alshon for LeVeon

How long before Bell complains about not getting enough carries? Week 4?

Alshon for LeVeon

Bell has a lot of money in roster bonuses and per game bonuses so that trade would help the jets a lot but give us a bad contract. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Alshon for LeVeon

Interesting idea, but I still think Jeffery spends at least the first half of next season on PUP.  He hasn't been a particularly quick healer through his career; can't imagine he would pass the Jets physical.

4 hours ago, TDTimes said:

Interesting idea, but I still think Jeffery spends at least the first half of next season on PUP.  He hasn't been a particularly quick healer through his career; can't imagine he would pass the Jets physical.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Bell has a lot of money in roster bonuses and per game bonuses so that trade would help the jets a lot but give us a bad contract. 

Kinda why I was curious if it could be done? Joe Douglas is happy to get rid of Bells contract and willing to spend 1/2 a season waiting on Alshon to do so. Eagles get a cancer out of the building , take on a few more dollars then Alshon's contract but get an instant playmaker either as a RB or WR.

Could you imagine the formations and Packages Doug could put together with Bell/Sanders in the backfield at the same time? Could be endless!

Cap guru's,  what is the money owed to both for 2020 and 2021? What's the difference?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kinda why I was curious if it could be done? Joe Douglas is happy to get rid of Bells contract and willing to spend 1/2 a season waiting on Alshon to do so. Eagles get a cancer out of the building , take on a few more dollars then Alshon's contract but get an instant playmaker either as a RB or WR.

Could you imagine the formations and Packages Doug could put together with Bell/Sanders in the backfield at the same time? Could be endless!

Cap guru's,  what is the money owed to both for 2020 and 2021? What's the difference?

From what I can tell there's very little difference in 2020 between just outright cutting Alshon, and trading him for LeVeon.

Though it would net us 5 Million in 2021.

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lol Jonah Tuls of TDN, who is a cowboys fan, did a free agent profile on Byron Jones and didn't have us as one of his 3 team fits. I smell a salty fan who doesn't want his favorite player player to go to his team's biggest rival.

I think you're thinking too much into it.