2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

He said he’s open to LG. I’m ok with it if he realizes he’s going into camp competing for the LG job and will be a backup, and paid like one, if he doesn’t start there. But I honestly think he can play LT for someone else. But I think he’d need the right situation. Playing next to a reliably good LG on a contending team for starters. 

4 hours ago, TDTimes said:

It’s gonna be interesting in 3 weeks.  Eagles should be pursuing CB, S, LB, DE, and WR in free agency — maybe even a complementary RB.  Can’t wait to see where the $ gets spent.

I hope we don't sign another vet RB. I want Miles and Boston as the 1 and 2. Undrafted FA as the #3, like Feaster or James Robinson.

We do need a backup OT with Vaitai leaving and Peters being 4 years older than 3 year head coach Sean McVay. Mazda Mailata never turned into a corvette. Matt Pryor is better off being a backup G. We need another talented guy at OT, just in case, and all the decent ones like Peart and Bartch will probably be gone by our 3rd round comp pick.

Edited by Jeezla

54 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We do need a backup OT with Vaitai leaving and Peters being 4 years older than 3 year head coach Sean McVay. Mazda Mailata never turned into a corvette. Matt Pryor is better off being a backup G. We need another talented guy at OT, just in case, and all the decent ones like Peart and Bartch will probably be gone by our 3rd round comp pick.

Mailata can probably be the swing tackle. I think he gets IR'd with fake injuries when the team needs roster space.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:38 AM, EagleBlueDon said:
On 2/26/2020 at 8:32 AM, nlesthought said:

Open by his standards? They have the all 22 on replays? 

Open meaning he's open on the live play and on the replay.

Honestly still believe it goes back to him not trusting JJ to run the right routes. Struggled to pick up the playbook.  So even when he did get open, Carson ignored him.

Let's hope that not the case year two!

Edited by Nabbs4u

21 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Peters can still be a starting LT in the league (not many good ones out there), I just think we need to go with the young guy. 

Agreed. I mean, we traded up for him, he's 25 already, he's a bargain for a starting LT, Peters is teetering on a cliff with injuries and a drop off in play. Peters played well, his penalties were annoying though. We'd have to pay Peters. All rationality supports letting Peters go and rolling with Dillard, who looked good. No brainer for me.

• Like 1