2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I refuse to believe none of his Skillset from College, what made him successful can't be translated to the NFL.

It can, you just need other guys to help get him open. Or he needs to get stronger to bully his way through. Carson has also seemed to prefer guys who can run routes to get open on their own. Like Ertz isn’t all that fast but his route running is so crisp he constantly gets open.

JJ showed some of the same late separation in college, but has yet to show it much in the pros.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I could see the excuses for JJAW if he was this unproductive behind a healthy Alshon, DJax and Nelly but the dude was riding the pine when Robert Davis and Deonte Burnett were out there......with the season on the line

Was baffling when it happened.

If he does nothing this year..I think they gotta begin to move on, cause he's not doing anything for us as a WR 5.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honestly just think he needs time but everyone expects greatness Year 1 because of the WR that have came out the past 5 years. It used to be year 3 was the breakout season for WR. Now its instant success, or Bust!!

We should see some level of success year 1 @Nabbs4u HS athletes are playing big time college football year 1. They are stronger, faster, and getting more reps than every before. The fact that he won a certain way at the college level and can't produce on a team riddled with injuries means we aren't using his skillset. It was a bad pick, hopefully he can learn how to play to fit what Carson/this offense does. Or Carson can develop a level of trust with him that he'll start throwing those 50/50 opportunities. He was not quick/fast/elusive enough to gain separation on his own. Hopefully this new offensive group can help develop him in some way (scheme or technique) or he works his tail off to push for more opportunities. 

55 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

JJ is a nice little scratch off ticket going forward. Let's see if he can grow some this year and develop with coach Moorehead to become something. There's literally nowhere to go but up. I'm really rooting for him. I can't think of a player on the team who I'd be happier to see rebound.

"rebound" implies he was good at one point, and Agholor showed us there is another direction he can go besides up- laterally, until we finally release him.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

"rebound" implies he was good at one point, and Agholor showed us there is another direction he can go besides up- laterally, until we finally release him.

He was good in college and the 57th overall pick. Expectations were solidly high. That'd be a rebound. Looking forward to monitoring him this spring and summer.

So any chatter about McLeod and Jenkins’ contracts? Still think we should move rasul to safety if one of those guys isn’t here next year. 

im also incredibly excited to see what the new DB coach can do. I want Sidney Jones to turn the corner and finally be the guy he was supposed to be. Dude should’ve gained a lot of confidence coming in cold in those last games last season. 

13 minutes ago, oland11 said:

So any chatter about McLeod and Jenkins’ contracts? Still think we should move rasul to safety if one of those guys isn’t here next year. 

im also incredibly excited to see what the new DB coach can do. I want Sidney Jones to turn the corner and finally be the guy he was supposed to be. Dude should’ve gained a lot of confidence coming in cold in those last games last season. 

I'm not buying Douglas could be moved to safety...He hasn't been playing CB the switch would've happened by now. Maybe I'm channeling my inner ninja here but Sidney Jones isn't fast twitchy enough to be turning any corners let alone be a corner. 

15 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Nope, pretty mum on all of our guys.
FA is more that a month away, so we might not hear for a bit.

I'm excited to see what Manuel does with these guys too.
Atlanta has developed DBs better than we have. If he clicks with Sidney, and can coach up whatever young corners/Safeties we draft...it'll go a long way to our success next year.

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I'm not buying Douglas could be moved to safety...He hasn't been playing CB the switch would've happened by now. Maybe I'm channeling my inner ninja here but Sidney Jones isn't fast twitchy enough to be turning any corners let alone be a corner. 

I still think Mills is the best candidate to be moved to safety. I think he could be a very good S, similar to what Walter Thurmond did when he was here.

I don't see that happening though and as long as Schwartz is here, he'll be a starter.

50 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

I still think Mills is the best candidate to be moved to safety. I think he could be a very good S, similar to what Walter Thurmond did when he was here.

I don't see that happening though and as long as Schwartz is here, he'll be a starter.

I had completely forgot that happened, I had to look it up. I forgot all about that season except for the game against the Patriots

1 hour ago, DeJack_10 said:

Thurmond also returned kicks and was much more agile than mills

On Birds with Friends (I believe) they were talking about Logan Ryan, who has been linked by a report to here, and how he’s a versatile piece. Along with Slot corner does some safety, so the interest that made no sense (we have slot corners) makes a little more sense if we are having him play Safety here.

Any CB we move has to be quick to play that deep safety role. Cause Jenkins is down low most of the time and plays almost every snap.

Thats why the Rasul thing never made sense here.