2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

You guys want to get rid of McCloud and go younger that's fine but I'm finding a way to extend Jenkins a year or two with a large signing bonus type money to keep the Cap hit down.

He's the only SINGULAR  constant this Defense has had for 3 straight years. Playing every single snap for almost two years straight. You guys severely underrate how much he does in this System.  I'd argue , You can't find a Suitable replacement for what he does as a Captain and leader for Schwartz's Defense. 

Now if he's asking for a Rediculous extension, fine dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. But squabbling over a Mill here Mill there, Get it done.

Howie F-up last season when he extended the wrong player,  a player coming off injury! That extension should of went to Jenkins in the first place, Never Alshon!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Wtf is everybody's obsession with moving these guys who can't play corner to safety? Cut your losses and move on. Draft a legit safety or sign one. Enough with this MacGyver bull****.

Exactly.  Who are some of the players that failed miserably as a CB but successfully moved to Safety? I dont get it either. 

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You guys want to get rid of McCloud and go younger that's fine but I'm finding a way to extend Jenkins a year or two with a large signing bonus type money to keep the Cap hit down.

He's the only SINGULAR  constant this Defense has had for 3 straight years. Playing every single snap for almost two years straight. You guys severely underrate how much he does in this System.  I'd argue , You can't find a Suitable replacement for what he does as a Captain and leader for Schwartz's Defense. 

Now if he's asking for a Rediculous extension, fine dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. But squabbling over a Mill here Mill there, Get it done.

Howie F-up last season when he extended the wrong player,  a player coming off injury! That extension should of went to Jenkins in the first place, Never Alshon!!!

I'm on the we should get rid of malcolm camp. Felt like he started declining this year and he's too old to extend.

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm on the we should get rid of malcolm camp. Felt like he started declining this year and he's too old to extend.

In what sense though? His numbers are on par with or eclipsing his past 2 season totals? Sacks, FFB, QB hits. Yes he had less tackles and for the first time no INT since 2011 but every other stat is similar? Again "Played every single snap" for the 2019 season! Not a single I need a breather, a water break, a phantom  pulled utteras excuse, every snap!

This is Brian Dawkins 2.0 with some of you. Be careful what you wish for!

• Like 1

Unfortunately we don't have someone waiting in the wings to take over for Jenkins. The leadership yes the decline in ability yes. The fact we haven't addressed the depth or someone waiting in the wings is further pushing my assessment of Howie to the negative. Unless it was Rudy Ford, or trading for Dieondre Hall? 

Howie has been fantastic as a cap guy, managing the roster has been below par. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Rams and Niners have similar systems

That sounds borderline redunk to me...

Screen game/"QB movement"

Pass coordinator

Run coordinator

all could have different visions, could have different identities 

Looking at it now, screen game is heavy on deception.

Pass game has been short to intermediate....lots of crossers. Carson under center usually means PA 

Run game is primarily out of gun  

Then you get into key scenarios

RZ

short yardage

3rd down 

What if its 3rd and short and in the RZ? How do you decipher which play works best? Who holds more weight or how does the hierarchy work HC-OC, ?? 

I'm sure week to week these coordinators, game planners give the OC their ideas 2nd and medium what is the call run to keep yourself on schedule which run play? Are you talking to Stout or the OC. Do they give you different answers. 

Sounds like a marionette doing ad-lib 

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

That sounds borderline redunk to me...

Yeah if they all have a game day voice it's impossible

I think it'll be like

n0YvnNF.png

Rich to Doug is the main thing, Press and Stout will interject in some but not all plays. 
They've been touting Rich as the top guy asst on offense...so I assume that'll be him.
Breiner will contribute to the gameplanning but could see him analysing stuff in game to inform Rich for the next possession.
I think during the week he'll be Psuedo-Assistant QB coach. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if they all have a game day voice it's impossible

I think it'll be like

n0YvnNF.png

Rich to Doug is the main thing, Press and Stout will interject in some but not all plays. 
They've been touting Rich as the top guy asst on offense...so I assume that'll be him.
Breiner will contribute to the gameplanning but could see him analysing stuff in game to inform Rich for the next possession.
I think during the week he'll be Psuedo-Assistant QB coach. 

Did you create this or see it somewhere? 

48 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Did you create this or see it somewhere? 

That has to be a Kilty special? Has his fingerprints all over it. Now the masses might use it from here on out but I'm gonna say Kilty 95 out of 100!

By the way Save that **** if you did! Ice cream enthusiast.😎

Edited by Nabbs4u