2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Shenault or Stefon Diggs. I'll take Diggs.

Shenault is an unknown quantity, so it’s not really an apples-to-apples comparison.  Shenault carries a risk of durability weighed against Diggs, who has already put in 5 healthy NFL seasons.

On the other side of the coin Diggs’ contract says I’m paying him $56.5M over the next 4 seasons.  If the Eagles medical evaluation is that Shenault can stay healthy over the next 4 seasons — I’d probably roll with him and his potential/talent at $3.2M per season under team control for 4 years.

There's a 100 percent change Diggs will start running his mouth because Carson throws the ball to tight ends too much.

Why would we bring that guy in here? 

I mean if he gets traded there is a good reason and the reason here is because he's a grade A jackwagon.

Edited by ninjapirate

3 hours ago, TDTimes said:

No.  That 7 for 167 and 3 TDs was against the Eagles CBs.  Do you want to give up our first for Corey Davis and Devante Parker as well?  They also had ridiculous career outings vs PHI.  

Other teams do a much better job of limiting the opposition WR1.

Fair enough, I realized it after I posted it and didn't want to delete it lol but that still doesn't take away the other stats.

Dude is 26 years old, an elite WR in his prime who is an excellent fit to the system. Devante Parker is a terrible example. Not only did he has a big game against our corners, but had a great year overall. Fins didn't let him hit the market and rightfully so.

Which WR are you targeting at #21 (or any round for that matter) that you think is/will be better than Diggs? 

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah I think its a pretty dumb idea most years one of the conferences has trouble with having 6 good teams.

Yeah, Seems like it’s purely a play to get those 9 to 10 win teams in who weren’t good enough to win the division and lost too many important games against good teams to make the playoffs. 
I hope they don’t cave and do the re-ordering vía record thing everyone was whining about. At least make winning your division mean something still.

29 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Fair enough, I realized it after I posted it and didn't want to delete it lol but that still doesn't take away the other stats.

Dude is 26 years old, an elite WR in his prime who is an excellent fit to the system. Devante Parker is a terrible example. Not only did he has a big game against our corners, but had a great year overall. Fins didn't let him hit the market and rightfully so.

Which WR are you targeting at #21 (or any round for that matter) that you think is/will be better than Diggs? 

Diggs’ contract is $14M+ for the next 4 years, and he’s been rumored to be discontented both last season and now this offseason.

It’s not a question of believing a 2020 draft pick will be better than Diggs right out of the box, but I’d rather draft a guy who could be a cornerstone piece with Wentz than bring a guy in who has an attitude — even when he already gets lots of throws his way.

Diggs is a diva. Threw a temper tantrum because he was only targeted 8 times a game instead of 10+.

Whatever pick we're considering giving up for him should be used to move up in the draft and get Jeudy or Lamb.

I'll take Gandy-Golden or Mims over Diggs fully knowing they won't be as good as him this year. At least they won't cry about not getting the ball until year 3 or 4 and they'll leave us with plenty of cap for Byron Jones and Javon Hargrave.

Edited by Jeezla

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully Dallas doesn't somehow end up signing Hunter Henry or Hooper. Totally fine with them signing Richard Rodgers.

They are the franchise that gave Witten a 4-year extension instead of drafting David Njoku.  It’s a realistic hope that Jerry screws things up again.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully Dallas doesn't somehow end up signing Hunter Henry or Hooper. Totally fine with them signing Richard Rodgers.

Think both get Franchised. If one does hit FA I dont see Dallas outbidding several TE needy teams. With Dak, Cooper, Jones, ect going to get paid do they even have $12M 《FTag is 11M) to sign one? Doubt it.

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Diggs is a diva. Threw a temper tantrum because he was only targeted 8 times a game instead of 10+.

I won't try to change your opinion but he was upset after getting just FOUR targets, not 8. He also had just 3 targets and 2 targets respectively  in a couple of games in weeks prior. He's talented and it's pretty clear they weren't gameplanning around him at all.

First 5 games:
Diggs 6+ Targets: 0-2
Diggs 5 or fewer Targets: 3-0

After his rant:
Diggs 6 + Targets: 6-1
Diggs 5 or fewer Targets: 1-2

This clearly shows they weren't really involving him in the gameplan.