2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

26 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Regardless of what happens, I'm super excited for these next couple months. The player procurement period is almost as exciting as the actual games for me.

You officially are a football nerd my son. 

*blesses you*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Any interest in Taylor Gabriel? Bears fans in his and Prince's release thread are defending his value as a legit deep threat. Where does he fit into the power rankings of the free agent WR class who fit for us? I think I'm intrigued.

I wouldn't mind Gabriel, depending on the price -- doubt I'd want to go much more than $6M per ....

I'm still hopeful either Corey Davis or Sammy Watkins shakes loose; I'd much rather pay them than Robby Anderson -- although I still prefer spend the FA $ in the secondary and just draft 2 WR

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Haha, I've been obsessed with this period since like 8th grade. Which is like 15 years ago. I'm obsessed with receivers, corners, linebackers and safeties, so this one is of particularly high interest for me.

Man we are all football nerds on here for the most part.

I'm 27 now and I remember back in like 7th or 8th grade I would walk to the shopping center and buy snacks to watch the draft lol.

52 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Taylor Gabriel should cost like 4 or 4.5M per season. He's 5'7" 165 lbs, never surpassed 688 receiving yards in a season, and never started more than 11 games in a season.

I'd be cool with adding him. 

A lot of people have said Perriman, but he is 3 years younger than Gabriel and will cost more obviously and if we intend to make a splash with a big name guy like Byron Jones, (who I think most of us want) then I doubt we will spend a lot on the other positions in FA.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Haha, I've been obsessed with this period since like 8th grade. Which is like 15 years ago. I'm obsessed with receivers, corners, linebackers and safeties, so this one is of particularly high interest for me.

I remember “playing” Madden 0(whatever)’ and just doing the offseason and simulating the actual season. lol For like 50 years into the future. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I remember “playing” Madden 0(whatever)’ and just doing the offseason and simulating the actual season. lol For like 50 years into the future. 

Am I remembering right that they used to add former players into the coaches pool?

I vaguely remember having one of our former guys on defense after Andy retired in the late 2020s.

I loved getting past the McNabb era and building a dynasty in Madden 2007-