Malcolm Jenkins said he won’t be back in Phila on the same deal, should we sign him?

turtle28

He wants a new deal. He’s a great FS, one of the top 5 in the NFL. The issue is he’s obviously looking for a big pay day and he’s 32 years old.

Should we sign him to be our FS?

I say yes, but it depends on the cost.

The last two years he made $11 million. If he wants a raise from $11 million, I'd have to pass on him.

37 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

He plays Landon Collins position so the answer is No.

No, Jenkins is a true FS and a converted college corner, so he could play that as well. He’s great in coverage, especially on TEs and RBs. 

My thought process for our 4-3 is to move Collins to WLB and if we did that, it’d open up a hole at safety, but I don’t want to spend over $10 million a year for a 32 year old safety.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Absolutely not. We need a true FS to pair with Landon Collins. 

Jenkins is a true FS. He’s a converted college corner who has played FS his entire career, now if he’s been playing more strong than free safety this year, I don’t know exactly but I do know that Jenkins for most of his career played FS at both New Orleans and in Phila.

He definitely has the capability to play FS being that he’s a converted corner and played FS most of his career. That being said, we should sign Tre Boston bc he’ll be cheaper and younger.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Jenkins been playing SS in Philly for a few seasons now he at the line of scrimmage a lot

Oh ok, but he’s still capable of playing both. Either way, I’d rather sign Tre Boston bc he’s 5 years younger and should be cheaper too although, he’s not as good of a player as Jenkins is.

• Like 1

Love the player!!!! But I pass. I think Collins is our stud/ leader on the back. I like Jenkins have been very high on him since college but he’s getting up there. I believe we can find a FS. Maybe Apke can show something as he’s looked solid on special teams. I’d like to see if there’s something there