(Poll) Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?

Mind Character

Setting Aside Belief/Disbelief in McDaniels/Stefanski, Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Setting Aside Belief/Disbelief in McDaniels/Stefanski, Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?

• Yes. If he's the clear choice and longterm sustained winning and organizational alignment solution, we should wait.
    • No. We've been left without a seat at the end of Head Coach musical chairs before, we can't wait.
  2. 2. At this Point, Who Do the Haslam's Hire as Head Coach?

• Brian Daboll
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. If it is Josh McDaniels, Which Feeling Would Best Describe How You'd Feel?

• Very Excited.
    • Excited.
    • Cautiously Optimistic.
    • Meh/Apathetic.
    • Disappointed.
    • Pessimistic.
    • Upset.

3 Teams Remaining (Panthers, Giants, Browns)

2 Haslam Lead Candidates Remaining (McDaniels & Stefanski)

I discussed it during the Vikings game,  we can interview and finalize a contract with Josh McDaniels immediately but with Stefanski's team still in the playoffs we cannot finalize an agreement until after the Vikings playoff run is done. NFL precedence is that teams come to an informal agreement and it's rare that such agreements are broken. Even still by letting one candidate "leave the building" we risk losing them in order to wait for another candidate.

In my opinion, we will have to make a decision on one or the other decisively without letting them leave the building. By waiting, we may risk losing out on the other.

Setting aside preferences for one coach over the other, is it worth it to wait on the 2nd guy if he's thought to be #1 HC Target giving the team/organizations the best opportunity at sustained winning and alignment?

Edited by Mind Character

Sh*t... just read reports that we're interviewing McDaniels Friday.

Let me change the OP to make the Thread relevancy make sense still.

Still holds. If they don't interview on the same day, we might have to make a choice on one before being able to interview the other.

Edited by Mind Character

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Sh*t... just read reports that we're interviewing McDaniels Friday.

Let me change the OP to make the Thread relevancy make sense still.

Still holds. If they don't interview on the same day, we might have to make a choice on one before being able to interview the other.

I’m disappointed it isn’t until Friday, that blows my butch Davis feeling. Btw New York interviewing him on Wednesday. We not being first may not bode well for us. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m still waiting for the Urban Meyer interview news to come out 

but I’m definitely surprised still somewhat MCCarthy got the Dallas job

That Dallas roster is in theory ready-made. I think they wanted a coach where they knew what they were going to get. He’s not going to bomb. I think Jerry Jones probably thinks that adequate coaching gets them where they want to be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hire the guy you want.

They should know Stefanski inside and out by now.

Either you love him or you don’t.  Not sure what you’re going to unearth in interview 3, but good luck Jimmy.  👍🏻 

Nailed it. If you want a guy, go be proactive and get him. It already makes me nervous they are taking their good ole time interviewing every candidate in NFL history over a 2+ week time span while both my top 2 guys (Rivera/McCarthy) have been scooped up by decisive teams

I believe that they know that its down to probably 2 guys and the rest of these interviews like Salah/Daboll/Daniels/Bienemy are all fluff. My question is why waste the time. There is no possible way they are considering half the guys they are spending time interviewing as realistic possibilities. 

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nailed it. If you want a guy, go be proactive and get him. It already makes me nervous they are taking their good ole time interviewing every candidate in NFL history over a 2+ week time span while both my top 2 guys (Rivera/McCarthy) have been scooped up by decisive teams

I believe that they know that its down to probably 2 guys and the rest of these interviews like Salah/Daboll/Daniels/Bienemy are all fluff. My question is why waste the time. There is no possible way they are considering half the guys they are spending time interviewing as realistic possibilities. 

Not just interviewing guys, interviewing guys for the second or third time.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not just interviewing guys, interviewing guys for the second or third time.

To me it seems like they are just practicing their interview skills because there isnt a person on earth that can convince me the Browns are actually seriously considering Brian Daboll over McDaniels/Stefanski/McCarthy

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

To me it seems like they are just practicing their interview skills because there isnt a person on earth that can convince me the Browns are actually seriously considering Brian Daboll over McDaniels/Stefanski/McCarthy

McCarthy is going to Dallas, it’s McDaniels or Stefanski imo.

Im good with either.