(Poll) Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?

Mind Character

Setting Aside Belief/Disbelief in McDaniels/Stefanski, Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Setting Aside Belief/Disbelief in McDaniels/Stefanski, Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?

• Yes. If he's the clear choice and longterm sustained winning and organizational alignment solution, we should wait.
    • No. We've been left without a seat at the end of Head Coach musical chairs before, we can't wait.
  2. 2. At this Point, Who Do the Haslam's Hire as Head Coach?

• Brian Daboll
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. If it is Josh McDaniels, Which Feeling Would Best Describe How You'd Feel?

• Very Excited.
    • Excited.
    • Cautiously Optimistic.
    • Meh/Apathetic.
    • Disappointed.
    • Pessimistic.
    • Upset.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

McCarthy is going to Dallas, it’s McDaniels or Stefanski imo.

Im good with either.

Well yeah Im just saying they were still planning to interview Daboll even when McCarthy was on the table. They have to know they cant stretch this out becuase more candidates will get scooped up.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

@Mind Character They had a person who covers the Patriots on Cleveland Browns Daily today who spoke glowingly of how much Josh McDaniels has changed as a person. Said that he is very nice to everyone know and thinks that he was just to young and not ready for the Denver job 

Well I guess that proves it then...

Case closed...

At 35 years old his personality was one way, treating people like they were lesser pieces of sh*t and now at 43 years old he's a new kind, gentle, wise man... then finally given a chance at a new position at 41 years old he strands multiple people, their careers, and families in Indianapolis while he heads back to New England ...

I think we all know people that are cool and one way without power but when given power they lose their mind ... how he is under the watchful eyes of Patriots leadership as an OC baking Brownies for reporters is not necessarily indicative of how he'll be when he once again sits in the Captain's chair.

People deserve the right to grow and change, but a person at 35 that is completely introverted does not magically become an extrovert at 43 years old. Some traits and ways of being are just how we are and while we can change a bit we don't stray far from our core personality. 

The wide-variety of reported and witnessed things that Josh McDaniels did in Denver are things that in my personal opinion (and it's okay to disagree) are things that are reflective of core personality traits and habits of being that manifest themselves especially under pressure and stress.

All of us have made mistakes; all of us have had to grow and mature, but if my choice regarding who we should select to lead a huge human organization, I'd rather select a person without the ".. I promise I've changed that bad stuff was the old me..." stories and instead choose a person with a little more core personality strength and stability. Those are the traits that I'd bet on to survive the intoxicating influence of power and weather the storms of stress/adversity.

If it is McDaniels, as long as we win and stay adversity free we should be okay for at least for a while (I hope).

In the end, it's all a gamble. But to me, what reported traits do you want to gamble on?  That's where a lot of us disagree.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Well I guess that proves it then...

Case closed...

At 35 years old his personality was one way and now at 43 years old he's a new kind, gentle, wise man...

I think we all know people that are cool and one way without power but when given power they lose their mind ... how he is under the watchful eyes of Patriots leadership as an OC baking Brownies for reporters is not necessarily indicative of how he'll be when he once again sits in the Captain's chair.

People deserve the right to grow and change, but a person at 35 that is completely introverted does not magically become an extrovert at 43 years old. Some traits and ways of being are just how we are and while we can change a bit we don't stray far from our core personality. 

The wide-variety of reported and witnessed things that Josh McDaniels did in Denver are things that in my personal opinion (and it's okay to disagree) are things that are reflective of core personality traits and habits of being that manifest themselves especially under pressure and stress.

All of us have made mistakes; all of us have had to grow and mature, but if my choice regarding who we should select to lead a huge human organization, I'd rather select a person with core without the ".. I promise I've changed that was the old me..." stories and instead has a little more core personality strength and stability. Those are the traits that I'd bet on to survive the intoxicating influence of power.

If it is McDaniels, as long as we win and stay adversity free we should be okay for at least for a while (I hope).

In the end, it's all a gamble. But to me, what reported traits do you want o gamble on?  That's where a lot of us disagree.

Doesn’t prove it but no one in the media seems to be saying he hasn’t changed

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Doesn’t prove it but no one in the media seems to be saying he hasn’t changed

You're right, but he knows all eyes are watching; he's aware of what's at stake and where he wants to go.

But beyond that the issue is when he ascends to the captains chair; that is, what that absolute power will do; what flaws will it manifest... not how he presents himself as an Offensive Coordinator. He was fine in New England by all accounts before receiving the Denver job. No one had anything bad to say then. It was about what power revealed about his character.

It's all good if a lot of you want to get on board the McDaniels train.

I hope you all are right in the end.

But based on what I've heard I just can't see that person as having the sustained Leadership this team and locker room needs.

Like I've said in past posts, if we do hire McDaniels there are ways to support him and structure the organization around him that minimize his weaknesses and elevate his strengths. That's the approach we should take with him and any other Head Coach we hire for that matter.

Edited by Mind Character

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You're right, but he knows all eyes are watching; he's aware of what's at stake and where he wants to go.

But beyond that the issue is when he ascends to the captains chair; that is, what that absolute power will do; what flaws will it manifest... not how he presents himself as an Offensive Coordinator. He was fine in New England by all accounts before receiving the Denver job. No one had anything bad to say then. It was about what power revealed about his character.

It's all good if a lot of you want to get on board the McDaniels train.

I hope you all are right in the end.

But based on what I've heard I just can't see that person as having the sustained Leadership this team and locker room needs.

Like I've said in past posts, if we do hire McDaniels there are ways to support him and structure the organization around him that minimize his weaknesses and elevate his strengths. That's the approach we should take with him and any other Head Coach we hire for that matter.

Remember when Bruce Arians was basically begging to take the Browns job last year and they said no and hired Freddie Kitchens lolllllll

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

How anyone can feel excited about this franchise is beyond me. They are pretty much cheating on us now

Fantasy is a powerful and an addictive drug.

The drug of the day: Josh McDaniels as the Wunderkind New Bill Belichick football messiah that will descend upon Berea washing away all organizational sins and ushering in a time of eternal winning glory.

An exciting fantasy. Withdrawal symptoms upon realization that McDaniels is nothing more than a hollow illusion with emotional instability, egomania, and fleeting leadership will cause such an increase in mass apathy that many Browns fans won't recover from it............  Until such a time when a hot new football drug named Steve Belichick is on the Head Coaching market 2 years after the McDaniels drug's potency has fallen off.

Steve Belichick 2022 Browns Head Coach. To get a new Belichick hire we must his clone (I mean son).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx6PmNei1W-Uyv6dqJvod

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Fantasy is a powerful and an addictive drug.

The drug of the day: Josh McDaniels as the Wunderkind New Bill Belichick football messiah that will descend upon Berea washing away all organizational sins and ushering a time of eternal winning glory.

An exciting fantasy. Withdrawal symptoms upon realization that McDaniels is nothing more than a hollow illusion will cause such an increase in mass apathy that many Browns fans won't recover from.  Until such a time when a hot new football drug named Steve Belichick is on the Head Coaching market 2 years after McDaniels drug's potency has fallen off.

Steve Belichick 2022 Browns Head Coach. To get a new Belichick hire his clone (I mean son).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx6PmNei1W-Uyv6dqJvod

Ultimately, i think McDaniels goes 1 of two ways, boom or bust. 

Stefanski i see as being somewhere from average to very good. 

It will be interesting to see how McDaniels engages with two personalities, 1 Obj and 2 baker  if he can hit it off with both of them special things can happen. If McDaniels goes bill belichickian mode will obj, the mega star buy into team 1st.

Honestly, I’m not sure which one will end up working out if any, but give me Stefanski all day over Josh McDaniels. At the very least, he seems likable and levelheaded. If I’m going down, I would rather go down with that guy then a guy who has always been difficult to root for in Josh McDaniels.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Honestly, I’m not sure which one will end up working out if any, but give me Stefanski all day over Josh McDaniels. At the very least, he seems likable and levelheaded. If I’m going down, I would rather go down with that guy then a guy who has always been difficult to root for in Josh McDaniels.

Post broncos i havent minded josh mcd,  the indy thing was low, but, we dont know all the details. If he comes out as a crazed dictator then, we are clesrly morons. If it was the indy gm leading the search, then i am behind getting josh McDaniel's, that guus knows what he is doing, best gm in the imo.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he comes out as a crazed dictator then, we are clearly morons. 

Bless you my sweet summer prince. The tip top of this organization lost the benefit of the doubt with me on level headed decision-making a long time ago.

IMG_1001.JPG

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Bless you my sweet summer prince. The tip top of this organization lost the benefit of the doubt with me on level headed decision-making a long time ago.

IMG_1001.JPG

JIIIIIIMMMYYY. 

Maybe its the night shift, or the sleeping pills or the chocolate pudding, or the hemorrhoid cream, but, i think Jimmy might get it right this time. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1