(Poll) Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?

Mind Character

Setting Aside Belief/Disbelief in McDaniels/Stefanski, Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Setting Aside Belief/Disbelief in McDaniels/Stefanski, Should We Wait on a Candidate if It Risks Losing the Other?

• Yes. If he's the clear choice and longterm sustained winning and organizational alignment solution, we should wait.
    • No. We've been left without a seat at the end of Head Coach musical chairs before, we can't wait.
  2. 2. At this Point, Who Do the Haslam's Hire as Head Coach?

• Brian Daboll
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. If it is Josh McDaniels, Which Feeling Would Best Describe How You'd Feel?

• Very Excited.
    • Excited.
    • Cautiously Optimistic.
    • Meh/Apathetic.
    • Disappointed.
    • Pessimistic.
    • Upset.

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Well I guess that proves it then...

Case closed...

At 35 years old his personality was one way, treating people like they were lesser pieces of sh*t and now at 43 years old he's a new kind, gentle, wise man... then finally given a chance at a new position at 41 years old he strands multiple people, their careers, and families in Indianapolis while he heads back to New England ...

I think we all know people that are cool and one way without power but when given power they lose their mind ... how he is under the watchful eyes of Patriots leadership as an OC baking Brownies for reporters is not necessarily indicative of how he'll be when he once again sits in the Captain's chair.

People deserve the right to grow and change, but a person at 35 that is completely introverted does not magically become an extrovert at 43 years old. Some traits and ways of being are just how we are and while we can change a bit we don't stray far from our core personality. 

The wide-variety of reported and witnessed things that Josh McDaniels did in Denver are things that in my personal opinion (and it's okay to disagree) are things that are reflective of core personality traits and habits of being that manifest themselves especially under pressure and stress.

All of us have made mistakes; all of us have had to grow and mature, but if my choice regarding who we should select to lead a huge human organization, I'd rather select a person without the ".. I promise I've changed that bad stuff was the old me..." stories and instead choose a person with a little more core personality strength and stability. Those are the traits that I'd bet on to survive the intoxicating influence of power and weather the storms of stress/adversity.

If it is McDaniels, as long as we win and stay adversity free we should be okay for at least for a while (I hope).

In the end, it's all a gamble. But to me, what reported traits do you want to gamble on?  That's where a lot of us disagree.

In my line of work, I’ve seen that happen dozens of times. People act a certain way and then realize they haven’t done crap and now nobody wants to be around them. Work to change who they are and reach their goals. Pretty common actually for the self-actualized person.

You better hope so, CUZ HE AINT LEAVIN FRIDAY BUBBA (in my best southern twang)

• Like 1