Coaching Staff

CAPJ

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What is it with you and negative posts. First you want JG to get an extension now you want one of the few bright spots of our past season to run off and leave us.

You are such a masochist. 

Well, I hope he doesn't leave. I hope if push comes to shove, MM and Dallas make it impossible for him to say he's leaving. He should be a shoe in to return, imo. Since he hasn't, I'm just going to assume MM wants his own man. Which whether I like it or not, is the way it should be.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’d wouldn’t mind seeing Moore working with a decent playbook instead of Garrett’s. But I understand if he wants to go to a place where he is more comfortable 

He kept Linehans playbook. We havent run Garretts since Callahan. Garrett was Air Coryel/Power run. Weve been much more heavily WCO w/zone blocking the past 5+ years. 

That said, Moore allegedly made his own playbook in college with the Boise HC. So it would be interesting to see what Kellens playbook actually looks like. 

Edited by Matts4313

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
34 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What is it with you and negative posts. First you want JG to get an extension now you want one of the few bright spots of our past season to run off and leave us.

You are such a masochist. 

Well, I hope he doesn't leave. I hope if push comes to shove, MM and Dallas make it impossible for him to say he's leaving. He should be a shoe in to return, imo. Since he hasn't, I'm just going to assume MM wants his own man. Which whether I like it or not, is the way it should be.  

Reports are that MM wants Moore. 

I think the only reason he leaves is because he is going to get stripped of play calling - in my opinion, anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Reports are that MM wants Moore. 

I think the only reason he leaves is because he is going to get stripped of play calling - in my opinion, anyways. 

Moore has some work. But his first offense led the NFL in offensive yards and he looks to be the kind of guy who likes trying new things so I hope he is given play calling duties. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Moore has some work. But his first offense led the NFL in offensive yards and he looks to be the kind of guy who likes trying new things so I hope he is given play calling duties. 

I was doing some digging into McCarthy. Back in 2016 (w/packers) he said his biggest mistake was giving up playcalling and he would "never do it again". 

Looks unlikely that Moore will be the playcaller. Which isnt terrible, imo. Getting some experience from the booth can only help. 

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Before we know anything else, do you think we make the playoffs next year?

I think we will.

I think we have the possibility to make the playoffs every year because of how weak this division is. With McCarthy and hopefully retaining Moore our chances are even greater

Edited by TheBeast23